TRU.ca off Select SW, Super Heroes, and City Sets (Mar 27-Apr 2)

Sandwraith

i just saw the MK II at TRU and that thing looks nice. how was the build?

Very cool.. I posted a few pics to the build thread this past summer. About 12 leisurely hours... 10 sore finger and thumb tips from the 600 or so pins in the build. But then 9 way gearbox was way cool.

Don't think the $10 works on the large technic sets though.

Let's all note that the CineplexHoliday code will expire on Tuesday at midnight!

Making it generic and reusable indefinitely was probably a mistake, we might not see such great deals over so many sets in a long time.

I feel a little bad about how much the shipping must have cost Toys R Us... All these tiny orders, a $100 off $400 code would have worked better! :P

• Like 1

Let's all note that the CineplexHoliday code will expire on Tuesday at midnight!

Making it generic and reusable indefinitely was probably a mistake, we might not see such great deals over so many sets in a long time.

I feel a little bad about how much the shipping must have cost Toys R Us... All these tiny orders, a $100 off $400 code would have worked better! :P

If they make that mistake again I'd be surprised. It should have at a minimum been tied to a credit card or shipping address or something... Not just a cookie in your browser's cache. Who ever made that decision is probably regretting it now.

I don't feel so bad about the shipping though. I didn't use the coupon that many times, but I think every order that was > 1 item came in separate boxes. I even had a single baseplate shipped in it's own box that was big enough to fit 50 of them. My guess is they've negotiated a pretty decent rate with FedEx that they just don't care.

Oh well, I'm done my shopping. One last AT-AT and that's it for me!

• Like 1

I agree. Maybe not a great move, but in the scheme of their overall sales, not a killer. I agree they likely won't do this again. Makes me want to do one last order...

Their shipping is pretty brutal and I am sure they are paying a lot for returned sets, too. I've seen an improvement in the past month, but there are still sets just loose in the box. My favourite was the Benny ship. It was completely crushed on one end and taped together with packing tape. No part of the box was left unscathed! If someone else gets that set in the mail, imagine what it will cost TRU in the end to send it across the country ten times!

I don't feel so bad about the shipping though. I didn't use the coupon that many times, but I think every order that was > 1 item came in separate boxes. I even had a single baseplate shipped in it's own box that was big enough to fit 50 of them. My guess is they've negotiated a pretty decent rate with FedEx that they just don't care.

Well, we have received an entire truckload of huge boxes that were 90% empty... It certainly feels very wasteful, both in shipping fees and cardboard boxes!

I'm all for a $100 off $400 coupon code next time. :P

Placed a final Order for a Ghost, likely for personal build (just finished watching the Rebels series). On the topic of the Rebels sets. It sure is annoying to quite literally need to buy every set to get the main characters. Obviously this was intended, but i don't care enough about the series to dump that kind of money. The flagship is enough for me.

Didn't end up getting all that much through the duration of this coupon. A lot that i ordered i returned once i managed to get them from Target at 30-50 off. Certainly did get a couple good deals both for myself and investment though.

Would have liked to load up on ATAT's as i have none, but there's just no room in the budget thanks to x2VIP ><

If anyone here lives in a rural area like me, where toys r us likes to charge outrageous prices to ship to, shop on their ebay store. It would have cost me $45 to get a MTT and Droid carrier shipped to my address. On eBay the MTT cost $4 to ship, and droid carrier was free. Coupons don't work, but they have the sales.

If anyone here lives in a rural area like me, where toys r us likes to charge outrageous prices to ship to, shop on their ebay store. It would have cost me $45 to get a MTT and Droid carrier shipped to my address. On eBay the MTT cost $4 to ship, and droid carrier was free. Coupons don't work, but they have the sales.

I noticed this with their exclusives that don't apply to free shipping anymore too.

Shipping a Red 5 to my location from TRU.ca is around $9.50 whereas their ebay site is $4 flatrate for pretty much everything.

But you can't use airmiles giftcards or coupon codes. Pick your poison -.-

Edited by Sandwraithx157

I noticed this with their exclusives that don't apply to free shipping anymore too.

&nbsp;

Shipping a Red 5 to my location from TRU.ca is around $9.50 whereas their ebay site is $4 flatrate for pretty much everything.

&nbsp;

But you can't use airmiles giftcards or coupon codes. Pick your poison -.-

You can't use airmiles giftcards on the purchase of exclusives? Or do mean on shipping?

Hey folks,

Just wanted to comment on how good this deal is.  I just bought 10 sets that would have cost me around 533.00 for 347.00.

I broke it up into 7 different orders, each one of over 40.00.  I created 7 different email addresses, which allowed me to put the 10.00 "cineplexholiday" code in for each order (saved me 70.00 instead of just 10.00 on one big order).  This also took advantage of the free S&****.

Unfortunately, you can only register your Air Miles with 1 account, so I used it for my most expensive (AT-AT).

If you are afraid of tru sending damaged boxes, do an in store pickup order. Pay online.

Some of the best deals so far is lumping in lego sets with nerf guns and refills. The nerf elite gun that fire like a machine gun is 40.98 and flippable on ebay for 65usd plus shipping.

the refills are $5-$7 each. Lumping them with lego beats buying crayons.

Hey folks,

Just wanted to comment on how good this deal is.  I just bought 10 sets that would have cost me around 533.00 for 347.00.

I broke it up into 7 different orders, each one of over 40.00.  I created 7 different email addresses, which allowed me to put the 10.00 "cineplexholiday" code in for each order (saved me 70.00 instead of just 10.00 on one big order).  This also took advantage of the free S&****.

Unfortunately, you can only register your Air Miles with 1 account, so I used it for my most expensive (AT-AT).

Just clear your cache and close your browser. I've used the code at least 60-75 times in the last two months and have always used the same email, same CC and same Airmiles account.

• Like 2