76031 - The Hulk Buster Smash

Phi1316

No, but I would be selective about what you get.  There are winners and losers in every bunch and I think the first Avengers sets or the IM3 sets would have done much better if they retired sooner before the next movie wave came out (current Avengers with all the minifigure remakes).  I don't know if there is much hope for MOS just because the movie was forgettable for a lot of people.  I think GOTG could be a hit but then again there is another movie coming in 2017 so the sooner they retire the longer the window is open before a new wave brings the prices back down.

• Like 1

The key points I see are the Hulkbuster armor of course and perhaps the Ultron Prime minifigure. Everything else is kind of a toss-up in the air. Now I think the Scarlet Witch in this set is nice although I don't really think "Scarlet Witch" when looking at her here honestly. I know all designs are based on the film but she looks like a character I would have roaming around the Hot Topics in a shopping mall.

sh174.jpg

• Like 1

The key points I see are the Hulkbuster armor of course and perhaps the Ultron Prime minifigure. Everything else is kind of a toss-up in the air. Now I think the Scarlet Witch in this set is nice although I don't really think "Scarlet Witch" when looking at her here honestly. I know all designs are based on the film but she looks like a character I would have roaming around the Hot Topics in a shopping mall.

It looks like the source material to me:

d88c2cd3a47c166117af8b618d6ebea9.jpg

It looks like the source material to me:

Like what I said, she and the other designs in the set are from the film but when reminiscing on how Scarlet Witch's original apparel in the comics is compared to the Age of Ultron film, the minifigure and character look like an ordinary girl I would come across in a mall. For me that's good because the minifigure will fit right in with all the other civilians going about their daily business.

This is a good set to part out. It's the only one with Scarlet Witch and Ultron Prime on it and the Hulkbuster is an iconic armor.

That said, I'll use my VIP points to order one and part out the Hulk (I prefer the first ones Lego released) and probably Ultron and Scarlet With to help pay/profit from it. You can see I'm only interested in the Hulkbuster itself :P

For investment, I'll try to find it with a significant discount.

Edited by DFC01

with targets $23.99 sale it wouldnt hurt to grab a few ... im thinking of getting 4 right now ... like some of you say, once the movie hits and this set is OOS, the demand will rise. its about at $40 shipped on eBay now and if it hits $60 im selling ... might try to part out one set to see how it goes also ...

For those who like me think the Hulkbuster Armor in this set although cool is simply too big by comparison with The Hulk maxifigure, here is a much smaller 'midi' sized modification that I think makes a better fit. Sure bigger is better but the armor shouldn't dwarf The Hulk. I mean he's The Hulk for crying out loud!

16926474891_b4d7863bb1_o.jpg

LEGO HULKBUSTER>LEGO HULKBUSTER by ykwan0714

16551802588_2bcbc135f7_o.jpg

MOC Hulk Buster Mid. MK2>MOC Hulk Buster Mid. MK2 by ykwan0714

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I love this set.  I continue to flip them for a couple bucks each ($34 plus shipping on ebay... bought at discount). But now I see them online at Walmart for $29.84 and starting to show up on Walmart shelves.  The quick flip on this one may finished... for me anyway.

I wonder tho... with the movie coming out in 9 days... the trailer looks awesome... will there be another shortage coming?  Should I hold a couple?

• 3 weeks later...

What's up with this set? It's back ordered @ Lego & sold out @ Barnes, TRU, Target & Walmart.

I haven't seen any in my local tru's in a while but some targets and walmarts have them, usually just one or two.  it's an awesome set.  it's popular and the movie just came out to help and price point is amazing so.  it's the big winner imo from marvel lego.  i would expect it to come back in the next month or so but will grabbed up quickly most likely for it's entire shelf life. ​

• Like 1

Why does hulk now have a mold split above his chest, and where's his toes! The split pea soup green just seals the deal, I'm sorry just can't get excited about this new hulk figure. The knockoffs will look better than this, this is a serious drop in quality from the previous two. Anyone wanting to dump their stock of earlier hulks PM me.

I'm not sure of your profit but I have sold at least 60 and around $50 you get $38. Shipping to Amazon is basically free. I can ship a box with 20 of them for $8. So $8 profit and if u you have 20 in stock at right price you will sell 20 a day. I think it has runs it's course though as people keep knocking down price.  But it was fun ride. 

I'm not sure of your profit but I have sold at least 60 and around $50 you get $38. Shipping to Amazon is basically free. I can ship a box with 20 of them for $8. So $8 profit and if u you have 20 in stock at right price you will sell 20 a day. I think it has runs it's course though as people keep knocking down price.  But it was fun ride. 

​My sentiments exactly.  The question in MY MIND now is, how long does it take to appreciate after retirement. (Ton of sellers)  And obviously, when is it going to retire...

*All statements above are strictly my OPINION. There is no scientific evidence, no studies, nothing I can provide to back up my statement other than my non tangible experience. Please take my statements with grain of salt of strychnine...which ever you prefer.  (I hope you choose salt.)