Walmart.ca New Free Shipping Minimum of $50

Sandwraith

Knew this was coming, but now it looks to be official.

Received an e-mail today from WM that the new min buy for free shipping will be $50 starting "later this week".

Not a huge deal for me, i'm usually spending $50+ per order, but then again i did make 2 $30 purchases last week (1x Arctic Outpost and 3x Wizard Battle).

For those who did not get the e-mail:

Update to Home Shipping Charges
First, I would like to thank you for being a Walmart.ca customer. In the 3 1/2 years since our launch, we have shipped millions of items to customers at their homes and at pickup locations across Canada in an effort to save Canadians time and money. One of our pillars has been free standard home shipping to most places in Canada, but in a few days we will make some changes to our home shipping charges to ensure we can continue to give you great service and everyday low prices on items your family wants or needs.

Later this week we will introduce a $50 threshold for free standard shipping on home delivery, excluding remote areas in Canada. Once you reach this threshold, you will qualify for free standard shipping orders on home delivery on everything, except large and oversized items. Any purchases under this threshold will cost $4.97 for standard shipping to your home. We will still offer free shipping to a pickup location, regardless of how much you spend, at more than 5,000 Canada Post locations across the country and Grab & Go lockers if you

Edited by Sandwraithx157

Gotta love Walmart.  They send me these emails but cancel any order I try and make.......

Any idea what they use to gather the 'cancel' jobs together?  Credit card number (I changed mine and still nuked), address (changed mine and still nuked), done as guest instead of account (tried that too!!)

Any idea what they use to gather the 'cancel' jobs together?  Credit card number (I changed mine and still nuked), address (changed mine and still nuked), done as guest instead of account (tried that too!!)

Did you try changing your name? :)

Sorry, bad joke, I really have no idea of the criteria being used. I also really wonder how people have managed to get banned by Walmart Canada... I have ordered tons of stuff on clearance back in January, such as 30 times the same set, and they are still shipping to me.

It seems any Walmart ban is triggered by purchasing too many large exclusive sets.

Purchasing tons of small sets seems to be quite safe so far. Otherwise, I belive I would already have been banned.

How to avoid, different IP, different name, different CC, different address should work?

There's no way that can fail. Preferably, also delete cookies if using the same devices.

I ordered 10 GE and walmart cancelled my order and banned me forever.

I wanted to purchase two Lego Ninjago DVD for my kids two weeks ago and Walmart cancelled it too!  :sorry:

I will try ordering diaper next time to see whether they will cancel my order too!!

Edited by BCCL
  • Like 1

I ordered 10 GE and walmart cancelled my order and banned me forever.

I wanted to purchase two Lego Ninjago DVD for my kids two weeks ago and Walmart cancelled it too!  :sorry:

I will try ordering diaper next time to see whether they will cancel my order too!!

Have you actually received a notice saying you are banned?  just curious... I've had nearly all my clearance orders cancelled but never had anything at regular pricing cancelled, pretty sure the on-line clearance sales are all bogus all the time anyway.

Have you actually received a notice saying you are banned?  just curious... I've had nearly all my clearance orders cancelled but never had anything at regular pricing cancelled, pretty sure the on-line clearance sales are all bogus all the time anyway.

I never received any email.

No.... but I called in when they started cancelling my order and the customer representative said they thought I was a reseller.