75081 - T-16 Skyhopper

tk924

I'm still unsure about getting this set even though I mostly collect OT vehicles. Seeing it go on sale for $20 may make me go ahead and get one.

What are your thoughts?

Buy one if you want it.  If you aren't confident it will be decent investment, don't sweat it, go on to something else.  I'll get a few, but mostly for the new Tusken Raiders in this set.

Buy one if you want it.  If you aren't confident it will be decent investment, don't sweat it, go on to something else.  I'll get a few, but mostly for the new Tusken Raiders in this set.

Good point. If I get one and decide to sell later I can pretty much get my money back and then some, right? SW Lego resale is pretty good from what I've seen.

Wouldn't be shocked to see a Tusken Raider set with a Bantha sometime down the line.  My personal opinion, is that i'm not going to invest in this one. The vehicle is only in the revised versions, and appears for about 3 seconds in the added celebration scene.  So, I don't see any huge demand for this, and while the Sandpeople is a cool feature, that's about all you're paying for in my opinion.  Would someone pay 40.00 for a Sandperson and a vehicle that is not very well known or noted?  Not sure.  I think money is better invested elsewhere..  But for collection purposes, why not.

If you are old enough to have played the original Rebel Assault for the PC, this vehicle was used in the training mission for the game.  Also it makes an appearance in Episode IV as Luke is seemingly playing with one while C3PO is taking his bath.  I didn't look any of this information up though I am pretty certain on it all. I just have a lot of useful/useless Star Wars knowledge in my head.

• Like 1

If you are old enough to have played the original Rebel Assault for the PC, this vehicle was used in the training mission for the game.  Also it makes an appearance in Episode IV as Luke is seemingly playing with one while C3PO is taking his bath.  I didn't look any of this information up though I am pretty certain on it all. I just have a lot of useful/useless Star Wars knowledge in my head.

That's right! I did have Rebel Assault for the GameCube and I do remember flying the T-16. I forgot all about that. Thanks for the reminder. To me, that was the best Star Wars game ever.

But, I'm still on the fence about picking up one of these sets. If I see one on a shelf and it happens to be on sale...well, you never know.  :yes:

• Like 1

This version is significantly better than the original back in 2003 from the build to the pilot plus the inclusion of the currently exclusive Tusken Raider who is also better than the older counterpart. I always enjoy seeing new ships soar forth in the Star Wars LEGO universe obscure or not and I did miss the older one therefore I really do want to get this latest version. (Even if I had the older set, I would still get this one.)

• 2 years later...