10247 - Ferris Wheel

mattyman

31 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

I know the Friends line is a let down, perhaps we can pick a brick... change their color scheme... and rebuild our own moc.

That's your opinion.  ;)  Since we've got a love for Amusement Park stuff in my house, as soon as my wife and kids saw the Friends line, they demanded Day 1 purchasing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

That's your opinion.  ;)  Since we've got a love for Amusement Park stuff in my house, as soon as my wife and kids saw the Friends line, they demanded Day 1 purchasing.

don't get me wrong, I was excited, until they produced them and the color schemes killed me. I have clung to the hope of we can tailor it to our likings. I still wish it was made in creator or city so we could have had a more neutral color scheme.  

Edited by Deanfjr

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I bought one of these ages ago and stuck it in the loft, hoping to sell it after retirement and make a little profit.

Built the new carousel (10257) this week and just had to build the Ferris Wheel as well, so out of the loft it came! I have no willpower!

Both of these fantastic sets complement each other superbly. I'm looking forward to the next release in the "theme", hopefully it will be some sort of roller coaster.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
On 01/06/2017 at 11:20 PM, binary_storm said:

I'm looking forward to the next release in the "theme", hopefully it will be some sort of roller coaster.

Well, looks like your hope is becoming reality, with the imminent release of the 10261 Coaster set. :) 

Saw the 10247 Ferris Wheel on Amazon.de for €139 which is cheaper than I've seen it before, so I ordered one for myself as well. Especially with rumours floating around that this set will retire by end of 2018...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

46R8 in the Arundel Mills store. Shelf full with a stack in the back says an employee when I mentioned "needing to wait until I get paid next week". He didn't bat an eye when I rolled out with a bag full of Easter Bunny brickheadz that had been clearance heavily.

Manager says they expect at least one more delivery before year end, and that he believes the late surge earned it another year. But take that with a grain of salt.

20181217_160937.jpg

30 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

46R8 in the Arundel Mills store. Shelf full with a stack in the back says an employee when I mentioned "needing to wait until I get paid next week". He didn't bat an eye when I rolled out with a bag full of Easter Bunny brickheadz that had been clearance heavily.

Manager says they expect at least one more delivery before year end, and that he believes the late surge earned it another year. But take that with a grain of salt.

20181217_160937.jpg

Rule #8 of LEGO investing and reselling...Never listen to LEGO store managers.

• Like 2