10247 - Ferris Wheel

mattyman

Well, the 4957 was a 1063 piece set.  Double that piece count and you might have a real nice model. 

Yes, nice looking but unfortunately not impressive in size.

The problem is that 8 years later after the 4957, Lego use smaller bricks in their sets, walls excepted (they prefer to remove one or two walls and the main part of the roof, ah ah....).

Remove the tons of 1x1 plates and small technic pieces and you'll get a set not bigger than the 4957 (more detailed(1), but not impressive in size, I fear).

(1) what are this 1x1 round tile and this 1x1 white brick ? - It's a cookie and a bottle of milk ! - wow the lego designer is a genius !

Edited by biniou

I'm wishing for something like this.

Yeah I remember finding that impressive build of RedCoKid many months ago. I do hope at least the main wheel itself for the set is something up to par with that but I can easily forgo the fancy queue housing for a simple platform in an effort to keep the piece count primarily towards the actual Ferris Wheel.

Here is video showing that custom Ferris wheel in motion for anyone curious.

Still waiting for pictures of this set. If the Ferris Wheel includes features such as mobile/truck transport, extra little booths, fencing, etc, it would appear to fit with the Fairground Mixer very nicely. In that case, I think a coherent theme is starting to emerge and the Mixer as an early set will have that much more future appeal. This will influence my decision on stock levels of the Mixer.

Anyone seen pics of this set yet? Isn't early release in like 3 weeks?

post-48046-14285152329143_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

People don't want to pay for extra PF parts if they already have some so including them in sets won't happen. Everyone is better off like this.

Maybe. Including "power " elements (e.g. PFs, track, 9v back in the 2000s) do usually help with demand after sets are retired. Some AFOLs (especially ones just out of the dark ages like the 1 stop shop). Additionally, less of these all inclusive sets seem to have less produced than their non-powered versions and comparable non-powered sets. 

Maybe. Including "power " elements (e.***. PFs, track, 9v back in the 2000s) do usually help with demand after sets are retired. Some AFOLs (especially ones just out of the dark ages like the 1 stop shop). Additionally, less of these all inclusive sets seem to have less produced than their non-powered versions and comparable non-powered sets. 

​Interesting observation. As long as one can easily add power functions, I don't see an issue with not including PF.

Maybe. Including "power " elements (e.g. PFs, track, 9v back in the 2000s) do usually help with demand after sets are retired. Some AFOLs (especially ones just out of the dark ages like the 1 stop shop). Additionally, less of these all inclusive sets seem to have less produced than their non-powered versions and comparable non-powered sets. 

​I don't count bundles. Horizon, FM had bundled versions. I believe the sets that can stand on their own without PF won't contain one in the base package. Only bundles. It is quite likely that Ferris Wheel will be bundled too.

VIP access to this set is 18 May.  When do you think it will be announced - they seem to be cutting this to the wire.....isn't the press release normally a good few weeks before being available?...

​Lego Store Calendar says May 13th VIP early access to a set not sure how they will fit it in with all the SW hype.