42030 - Volvo L350F Wheel Loader

Hi everyone.  I am confused (not difficult!)

The LEGO Shop at Home site says 42030 is coming soon on 1 Aug 14, and yet I saw it today in my local store, for sale, in North Yorkshire England.

Am I missing something or do they get released to the street early, and I just haven't noticed?

They also had a 42029 pick up truck for sale as well.  Bizarre!.

Thanks

Stuart

Lego stores usually have certain available a week earlier than when it is released online. I have seen some of the new SW sets in my local Lego store and they are not available online until August 1st.

Welcome to Technic, citymorgue.  IMO, it's the most underrated theme Lego makes.  If you ever have the chance, build the Mobile Crane.  It's simply phenomenal.

Lol I'm actually heading out to my lego store in salt lake city to go buy it. I've been eyeballing the mobile crane for many many months now.

• Like 2

Man its a sweet set. I am wondering which huge set I will buy first - This one or the Batmobile.

Tumbler hands down! The angles of some of those pieces is just insane. I can`t wait till the 18th!

That said, this set is really impressive as well. But it can probably wait until x2 VIP points for me at least. 

I absolutely love the Volvo. It's one of the most fun Legos I've ever played with. It's especially funny as the kids are playing with their loose pieces and here I come scooping them up and dumping then on their creations.

I freaking feel like a damn five year old lol.

For anyone on the fence, absolutely buy this without question. It's truly worth it's weight in gold.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this interesting video. I really like Technic and in my opinion the Volvo wheel loader is a great set! Already got 2.. As a mechanical engineer this set is one of my personal favorites, but I really like this one also as a low volatile long-term investment just like the Unimog.