New LEGO Batman and Ninjago Movie Dates Announced...

Ed Mack

Seems like no LEGO movies...then WHAMMMO!  Three in a relatively short period of time.  

​I can't understand the reasoning for the enormous void between movies.

I found the idea of a feature film for Ninjago to be iffy in the first place - now they push it out a few years? I won't be shocked if they end up pulling the plug on that one altogether. 

I found the idea of a feature film for Ninjago to be iffy in the first place - now they push it out a few years? I won't be shocked if they end up pulling the plug on that one altogether. 

​LEGO's choices for what and how they release stuff has been iffy at best.  They might have to get better control over their movie/television entertainment department before it becomes unmanageable.

​Yeah...I'm not a fan of waiting two more years for another Lego Movie. And really three more years for a "proper" Lego Movie sequel depending on how they do Lego Batman. I'm guessing this means no new Lego Movie sets for at least 18-24 months.

I'm betting Ninjago movie will be axed.

​LEGO's choices for what and how they release stuff has been iffy at best.  They might have to get better control over their movie/television entertainment department before it becomes unmanageable.

​I believe this time it's WB that's pulling the strings. I could bet LEGO has not much to do with the new movies except designing the sets to be included. Outsourcing the bulk of the project to WB is a very likely scenario to me, however losing control might end up in sloppy movies.

• 6 months later...