75916 - Dilophosaurus Ambush

TheOrcKing

16785462597_10d312468b_o.jpg

16991462582_c435aafe9f_o.jpg
16805114468_59b871c3f3_o.jpg
16372745663_3ea34d0d1f_o.jpg

Danger! Gray has gotten lost in the park and is rolling around in a gyrosphere being chased by a dilophosaurus. Join the ACU trooper as he drives to the rescue in the classic Jurassic World 4×4.

• Includes 2 minifigures with a weapon and assorted accessories: Gray and an ACU trooper
  • Jurassic World 4×4 features driver's cockpit, rubber tires, front winch, rear explode function, boxes and Jurassic World decoration
  • Truck measures over 3" (8cm) high, 5" (15cm) long and 2" (7cm) wide
  • Gyrosphere measures over 2" (6cm) across. Dilophosaurus stands over 2" (7cm) tall

SET REVIEWS

• 2 months later...

Currently working on transforming this into a JP1 vehicle because as it stands; i'm not a fan of the JW version which doesn't even appear in the film. Got all the parts ordered, but it will mostly be a trial and error system. Hard to get the red stripes in the right spot.

Will certainly post pictures in a month or so when all the parts arrive and I've tinkered with it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Got all of my bricklink orders in for the harder to find parts. Still waiting for the main order from LEGO Shop at Home, but here's a look at my current progress:

IMG_4879.thumb.JPG.a49ea698080bf3f26707aLooks like a mess right now i know :P Everything you see that's white/blue will obviously change to red/light grey. The "roll cage" part stays the same, and much of the interior the same as it's unseen anyways.

I know the JP Jeeps have numbers on the sides and hood, but i'm not really trying to make it %100 accurate. I just want it to resemble the JP1 Jeep :)

• Like 2

Finally got all the parts in, and here is the finished model!

Overall fairly happy, it could be better, but it does the job. Might turn the empty flickfire missile spots to lights.

Looks great - nice job!  Did you think about throwing some green or yellow on the model to give it that signature JP look?

• Like 2

Looks great - nice job!  Did you think about throwing some green or yellow on the model to give it that signature JP look?

Would love to have the Explorer version, but it would be more work than this :( 

For this i literally just swapped the colours, only piece(s) i needed to change was the pins(axles) for the new rims. So it was a fairly easy project.

Now i need somewhat accurate minifigs to drive it...

nice job!

I'd like to know where you can get these kind of stickers for MOC

Got them off ebay!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lego-DINO-Custom-Stickers-5882-5883-5885-5884-5887-5886-Jurassic-Park-/271571854282?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f3af1a3ca

What do you think about this set for investment?

Can't go wrong with any JW set long term imo.

It's not one of my favourites, but i needed to have it for the Dino, most people will be like that as well. 

I should say now that I've converted the jeep, the Jeep IS probably one of my favourites! Just need a Nedry figure and I've got that scene covered :P

What do you think about this set for investment?

This could be a darkhorse strong investment because along with the IRex, the dino is a unique mold made for the Jurassic World line. It's also a cheap way to get a gyroball. My plan is to buy several copies but at a decent discount.

• 8 months later...