TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

17 hours ago, Veegs said:

Call me crazy, but I can't remember ever seeing min. 96 promos per store. Other than for gifts I'm not seeing a lot of meat on the bone for these. 

They could probably put whatever number they want there, but 100,000 wouldn't be much of a draw I suppose - my TRU still had last years October promos hanging around a month ago, even after giving away with purchase over $35, giving away with $2 donation to charity, giving away at request, or just walking in the store... maybe they'll have better luck with the minifigs as nobody wants mini buildings even just for the free bricks.

Aw, the mini buildings have been alright. I think I ended up with about 15 complete sets when they were doing the streetview promotion(s) and I'm down to five. $79.99 shipped in Canada - slow seller, but still I expect in another few months I won't have much left. Only sold one locally on kijiji.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

Some items %50 off starting tomorrow: BAF Rey/Finn, Volcano Base Camp, and the City Service Station.

Good items to combo and get freebies on. I just want that Spartan Batman, but no interest in the sets for investment.

Really hate that I'm working that morning and won't be there right away (I also work at tru... but even as an employee, they can't hold those half price items for me -.-).

5 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

Really hate that I'm working that morning and won't be there right away (I also work at tru... but even as an employee, they can't hold those half price items for me -.-).

You know those lego sets aren't particularly hot and price appreciation for them won't be much. So essentially you missed nothing.

Would TRU just sell the bricktober set outright? I really don't see anything I want to buy considering the price.
Or what happened if I buy a set and return it? Would they just deduct the price of the bricktober set? I don't mind that. If this is ethics related, I apologies and mod please delete.

23 minutes ago, Stragus said:

Does anyone know if you can still get the freebies if you buy online and do an in-store pickup?

There's a trick to it...  officially it's "No!" afaik, since the flyer says "Available In-Store only" the payment must be made at the store, where as on-line ship to store is usually paid during the on-line checkout.  BUT if you have a friendly local manager you can order on-line & ship to store, when it arrives & you pick it up, they can do a return and then sell it back to you at the store if the promotion is still available.  Sometimes it's the only way to get some items that your local store sells out of before the promotion ends.   

If you have a Customer Service person in a good mood (lazy) when you pick up your on-line order they often will just give you the freebie if you just mention it so they don't have to process the return.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ogelwoc said:

Would TRU just sell the bricktober set outright? I really don't see anything I want to buy considering the price.
Or what happened if I buy a set and return it? Would they just deduct the price of the bricktober set? I don't mind that. If this is ethics related, I apologies and mod please delete.

Nope, I saw someone tried that this morning at the cashier. The cashier said there's nothing to scan on the box so they can't sell it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ogelwoc said:

No. They don't even scan them, they just hand it out if you buy $75 or more before tax. There isn't a price on them. 

There are some decent prices... the half price city sets are good (the volcano one anyway) and krennics shuttle is 30% off again aswell as the village. Batman movie sets are 20% off as well... i don't think I've seen the Ultimate Batmobile 20% off yet, so I picked that up and a half price city to get the promos twice. :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

No. They don't even scan them, they just hand it out if you buy $75 or more before tax. There isn't a price on them. 

There are some decent prices... the half price city sets are good (the volcano one anyway) and krennics shuttle is 30% off again aswell as the village. Batman movie sets are 20% off as well... i don't think I've seen the Ultimate Batmobile 20% off yet, so I picked that up and a half price city to get the promos twice. :D

Thanks. Looks like I will need to think of something to buy or just get it off BL.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed a few sets not on the website anymore like the Simpsons House (last I checked was still instock) and Star Wars Resistance Troop Transporter which was clearance. Those 2 items would have interested me... not sure if anything else does. If it works in store, like it says it should, then there are promos to consider! Buying instore is the way to go as long as there are promos left, otherwise, meh lol