TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

28 minutes ago, jimmajenga said:

Well, I'm done all my buying for now... time to just focus on selling and paying off my credit card.

That being said...

BRICK BANK, DETECTIVES OFFICE both available at tru! "94", so they don't apply to the BOGO… but they're available.

Porsche is back and is part of the BOGO... Enjoy!

Brick Bank didn’t last long - can’t find it on the site

I noticed Old Fishing Store was back as well, I missed it (not that I could afford to buy anyway), but it applies to the BOGO... Someone might get lucky and see it pop back in stock throughout the week due to cancellations, same with Porsche, Brick Bank or Detectives Office.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, Shneebs said:

Brick Bank didn’t last long - can’t find it on the site

1 hour ago, Rebel Bricks said:

An email came out today announcing up to 60% off sales, but the Lego offerings seemed very limited. Not sure if that will be all, but if so it was underwhelming.

If this is TRU’s true Boxing Day sale then I think it’s a total disaster. 98% of Lego is at FULL price?  A couple sets on sale, but were already on sale leading up to now. I am shocked!!  

Hopefully in store there will be some deals.

Edited by Hansolo55

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:08 AM, Hansolo55 said:

Agreed! That BOGO clearance was heaven.

i just don’t understand their logic this year. They had most sets BOGO right up to Christmas when parents will spend regardless, and then switch off virtually all sales for boxing week?  Seems backward to me. 

A lot of people come in to use gift cards on boxing day, where they have to spend that money there and kids won't want to leave empty handed. Parents don't have to buy at tru before Christmas, so it's actually pretty smart. 

Boxing day really isn't a big deal at most places anymore. Honestly, most places are just clearing what they've got left and clearance but selection is generally **** at Christmas and right after. My tru gets a truck on Friday, or so we're supposed to but even that is expected to mostly have clearance to keep pushing out. Tru and I imagine other toy retailers won't start getting good product until Sometime in January.

This is retailers time to push their crap out of the store.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm guessing most of you got the Save $10 off $50, and $25 off $100 in-store coupons. I went to use mine today and grabbed a few of the older Speed Champions off the shelf. When the clerk rang them through they all came up on clearance. $27.87 for the $39.99 sets, and $15.87 for the now $19.99 sets. Couldn't use the coupon for these but that's ok. The Speed Champions don't get discounted much here. Thought it might be of interest to some of you.

6 hours ago, mongrelhorde said:

I'm guessing most of you got the Save $10 off $50, and $25 off $100 in-store coupons. I went to use mine today and grabbed a few of the older Speed Champions off the shelf. When the clerk rang them through they all came up on clearance. $27.87 for the $39.99 sets, and $15.87 for the now $19.99 sets. Couldn't use the coupon for these but that's ok. The Speed Champions don't get discounted much here. Thought it might be of interest to some of you.

I did the same but they let me use the $25 off coupon.  Price didn’t end in .94 and that seemed to be enough for the cashier?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Maybe I'm grasping at straws due to so few good sales lately, but I see 70840 - Welcome to Apocolypseburg is on for 20% off at TRU. I don't know if I've ever seen this marked down... (?) 
$320 is still alot of $$$ though... 
Thoughts?
Very overpriced set and the comments in the US forums seem to be that we should be looking at around 170-190US, for what it's worth.