TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

So, on a whim I decided to call TRU customer service to try to get an Assembly Square. Unsurprisingly, the rep was unable to assist but they did suggest that I visit a local TRU today and ask for a rain-cheque for the current 50% pricing. If/when the item restocks, I would be able to order direct from the store and get the sale price...

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, eliminator said:

So, on a whim I decided to call TRU customer service to try to get an Assembly Square. Unsurprisingly, the rep was unable to assist but they did suggest that I visit a local TRU today and ask for a rain-cheque for the current 50% pricing. If/when the item restocks, I would be able to order direct from the store and get the sale price...

Thoughts?

Doubt it. Never seen that set in store. Doubt the store will issue a rain-cheque for an online product.

1 minute ago, tacsniper said:

Doubt it. Never seen that set in store. Doubt the store will issue a rain-cheque for an online product.

Every TRU store I've been in has the "book" of sets near the Lego section with all the big online only sets for order direct to the store.

Edited by eliminator

Just now, eliminator said:

Every TRU store I've been in has the "book" of sets near the Lego section with all the big online only sets for order direct to the store.

oh didn't know that. I always just assume that sign to tell ppl to visit their online store to order. Why don't you call ur local store and see if they will issue a rain-cheque and let us know ;) 

14 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Thoughts?

haha....if you can do that, I bet there will be boat loads of people lining up for this deal. Just give up and move onto the next target purchase.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:40 PM, eliminator said:

Thoughts?

This is a good idea to try! This set generally would never make an appearance at store level, but it's technically not a "sale" item, it's a 'clearance" item. SOMETIMES, stores get a lot of clearance shipped to them to clear out the warehouse. Now, this set sold so fast, there really was no need to push it in front of peoples faces BUT, I know my store gets TONS of clearance (crap) that other stores can't move or from the warehouse. So, though I think it's unlikely, it's not the craziest idea to think it might show up. We got a truck at my store yesterday and we were unloading it today and there was so much clearance, specifically product ending in "93". This product will all be penny merch soon, which means it will just be thrown out (as tragic as that is). These prices are last ditch efforts to sell product before having to toss it. Shocking to see Assembly Square and Holiday Train included in that, especially considering they're (supposedly) not retiring.

3 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

This is a good idea to try! This set generally would never make an appearance at store level, but it's technically not a "sale" item, it's a 'clearance" item. SOMETIMES, stores get a lot of clearance shipped to them to clear out the warehouse. Now, this set sold so fast, there really was no need to push it in front of peoples faces BUT, I know my store gets TONS of clearance (crap) that other stores can't move or from the warehouse. So, though I think it's unlikely, it's not the craziest idea to think it might show up. We got a truck at my store yesterday and we were unloading it today and there was so much clearance, specifically product ending in "93". This product will all be penny merch soon, which means it will just be thrown out (as tragic as that is). These prices are last ditch efforts to sell product before having to toss it. Shocking to see Assembly Square and Holiday Train included in that, especially considering they're (supposedly) not retiring.

You can keep trying it if you are a house mom with no other jobs other than dropping off your kids to school and picking them up. You are basically tossing away a couple of hours of your day struggling on the phone and put on hold. At the end, those doofus at TRU will talk like Beavis and Butthead and giggle about the caller. After one hour, response is "uhhhhh......nope, huh huh huh huh."

2 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

You can keep trying it if you are a house mom with no other jobs other than dropping off your kids to school and picking them up. You are basically tossing away a couple of hours of your day struggling on the phone and put on hold. At the end, those doofus at TRU will talk like Beavis and Butthead and giggle about the caller. After one hour, response is "uhhhhh......nope, huh huh huh huh."

Actually yea. They definitely wouldn't give a reign cheque. It has to be advertised in the flyer, and like I said, it's not only not in the flyer but it's clearance. 

But, checking local tru's there's a slightly higher chance of seeing one or 2 show up suddenly.. 

Btw, that's why I miss most great deals like this is because of work... I come on here afterward and it feels like I'm the only one who does have a bloody job ? 

4 minutes ago, jimmajenga said:

Actually yea. They definitely wouldn't give a reign cheque. It has to be advertised in the flyer, and like I said, it's not only not in the flyer but it's clearance. 

But, checking local tru's there's a slightly higher chance of seeing one or 2 show up suddenly.. 

Btw, that's why I miss most great deals like this is because of work... I come on here afterward and it feels like I'm the only one who does have a bloody job ? 

I think the ones posting here are actually people with a job. The ones not posting here are the wolves looking to feast on our contributions. If you go to a TRU before lunch time, you'll see mommies with their phones and BP app opened waiting for latest updates.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

This. I personally value my time at 75.00 per hour and have far better things to do than piss away my day trying to save a couple bucks on Lego.

• Like 1