TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

4 minutes ago, vroom34 said:

This. I personally value my time at 75.00 per hour and have far better things to do than piss away my day trying to save a couple bucks on Lego.

That's good to know. This time of the year, it's ridiculous to go to the counter and try price matching tricks when there are 4-5 people in front and the temp hire is trying to figure out how to shove paper into the cash register. They still use some old machine which is key operated. If you are lining up, your heart starts beating when the cashier pulls the phone and says "manager please come to the service desk." 15 minutes later, manager comes holding a bunch of other toys and junk and says "I'll be with you shortly as I'm with this customer trying to look for the Assembly Square in the back." 30 minutes later, one person is done with price matching, the next one comes with toys to refund as their kids don't like it and starts arguing about getting it on their credit card as they don't want the refund on their gift card. Cashier pulls the phone, "store manager, can you please come to the front desk?"

This stuff happens as one time during x'mas season, I was near the till lining up waiting to pay for toys and saw the return line. I'm like good riddance, you people, just come back at 8pm or maybe 10am when the store opens.

Did anyone in Burnaby BC get those 15% off Metrotown GCs last week? My friend was able to pull off $3000 worth of 15% off GCs and those could be spent at TRU there. He was nice enough to give me $1000 for $900 so he made about $50 off me which I was fine with. So the trick is to get those GCs, then slap on that RClub 10% discount to get a truly awesome deal. It has to be spent at Metrotown mall and cannot be applied elsewhere.

Do you mean the black Friday gift card promo? They took your ID though and the lines were insane so hard to do it more than once...also those gift cards should be able to be used at any mall (they changed it a couple of years ago, it is all under the cambridge ivanhoe chain or sth).

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, seapotato said:

Do you mean the black Friday gift card promo? They took your ID though and the lines were insane so hard to do it more than once...also those gift cards should be able to be used at any mall (they changed it a couple of years ago, it is all under the cambridge ivanhoe chain or sth).

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yes......I need to find out how the heck he was able to load up so much. I didn't know I could use them in other malls. I'll check and see if I can use them at Oakridge. Would be nice to spend some of those GCs during double VIP. :)

Yes......I need to find out how the heck he was able to load up so much. I didn't know I could use them in other malls. I'll check and see if I can use them at Oakridge. Would be nice to spend some of those GCs during double VIP.
Only malls in lower mainland are Guildford, Metro, and Tsawwassen Mills.
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, mongrelhorde said:

BOGO 50% City, Friends, Star Wars,  Harry Potter with the usual restrictions. 3 days only

25% off each set just doesn't seem that great after all the deals I saw you guys posting over Black Friday weekend. I had already hit my annual Lego spending limit before BF, but I enjoyed seeing all the posts flying! Next year I will know to leave my spending for later in the year ?

14 minutes ago, mongrelhorde said:

You can get the Kessel Run one. ?

It's just not the same!

4 minutes ago, Rebel Bricks said:

25% off each set just doesn't seem that great after all the deals I saw you guys posting over Black Friday weekend. I had already hit my annual Lego spending limit before BF, but I enjoyed seeing all the posts flying! Next year I will know to leave my spending for later in the year ?

Yeah I blew my figurative load, and then some, for November. Need to attempt to keep my weak will in check for any Boxing Day/Week sales.

On 11/29/2018 at 9:42 PM, ChristopherJB said:

Did anyone in Burnaby BC get those 15% off Metrotown GCs last week? My friend was able to pull off $3000 worth of 15% off GCs and those could be spent at TRU there. He was nice enough to give me $1000 for $900 so he made about $50 off me which I was fine with. So the trick is to get those GCs, then slap on that RClub 10% discount to get a truly awesome deal. It has to be spent at Metrotown mall and cannot be applied elsewhere.

You keep bringing up the RClub 10% discount.. It was my understanding that you only get that discount once. Your first purchase after siging up. Also that 10% off does Not work for lego. Please correct me if im wrong.

28 minutes ago, Substored said:

You keep bringing up the RClub 10% discount.. It was my understanding that you only get that discount once. Your first purchase after siging up. Also that 10% off does Not work for lego. Please correct me if im wrong.

It worked for Lego for me, but only the first time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Substored said:

haha......ever append +xxx when asked for your email? Use gmail. You can create infinite fake emails looping back to your own email. Look it up.

55 minutes ago, billybell991 said:

It worked for Lego for me, but only the first time.

It worked on all Lego Batman movie and Ninjago sets even when they are already discounted.

I've got confirmation and have had most of mine arrive already. I think all my BF SaH orders of BB, OFS and FW are all being cancelled though ?
Thought I got lucky, but I may cry when all is said and done and I don't have a single BB for personal build. 

We need a therapy session for Lego investor/collectors at times like these!

12 minutes ago, jimmajenga said:

I've got confirmation and have had most of mine arrive already. I think all my BF SaH orders of BB, OFS and FW are all being cancelled though ?
Thought I got lucky, but I may cry when all is said and done and I don't have a single BB for personal build. 

We need a therapy session for Lego investor/collectors at times like these!

At least you got the AS.  Three times it said available and would never add to my cart!  I never got any.