TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

A minor actual success today: I was able to place an order online for items in stock in my local store... 1 x stormtrooper Brickheadz @ $7.98 and 2 x Minnie Mouse Brickheadz @ $6.98 ea. I successfully picked up my order after work. And while I was there, I also found 1 x Capt Phasma Bhdz @ $7.98. I also saw a few less desirable $*.98 Lego items on the shelves with prices matching the website prices... (Technic Container Yard, Star Wars buildable figures, etc...) - didn’t buy any of those. 

Placed another couple of orders yesterday and this morning, so these things are popping back up here and there.  Not feeling very confident about seeing any of it though.  The only thing I've gotten a shipping notice for (and had my credit card charged for) is the one Hidden Side set that I'd ordered in with all this retired stuff. 

Has anyone else had any luck?

You'd think by now they would have realized these are all phantom stock listings (if they in fact are) and pull them, but nope. Some of the unpopular ones that have not sold out have been listed since Saturday.

Since their order status system seems to be broken (shipped/delivered orders from weeks ago for me are all still "Processing"), i wonder if all these orders have just been cancelled and the status isn't updated, then again we would probably get an email about the cancellation.. /shrug

I called Toys R Us yesterday and after an hour of being on hold finally got through. The customer service agent was completely clued out and just said these items are out of stock. He assumed it was a problem with their ordering system so I'm not counting on getting anything that ends in .98.  Before I could dig a little deeper into this I was magically disconnected!  My credit card still shows processing and the orders pending, but again doesn't look very hopeful.  

1 hour ago, nami said:

I called Toys R Us yesterday and after an hour of being on hold finally got through. The customer service agent was completely clued out and just said these items are out of stock. He assumed it was a problem with their ordering system so I'm not counting on getting anything that ends in .98.  Before I could dig a little deeper into this I was magically disconnected!  My credit card still shows processing and the orders pending, but again doesn't look very hopeful.  

Thanks for the update.  I wondered if anyone called.   Looks like we're all just waiting for the cancellation emails to go out....... :(

4 hours ago, billybell991 said:

A Lego buddy of mine (who isn't on Brickpicker) had a theory that this is old US Toys R Us stock, so maybe it's getting shipped from somewhere other than the regular Toys R Us warehouses.  Think there's any feasibility to that?  

Little update here that doesn't bode well for us.  This same buddy has placed a number of orders, but his first was 9 Stormtropper Brickheadz.  He got a package today (the only one of many that had actually shipped) and what was in it?  2 out of the 9 Stormtroopers.  No sign of the other 7 (or any of his other orders).

Received notification that some speed champions had shipped :w00t:.  From what I can tell 5 of my orders dropped off my "authorized transactions" on my credit card. In these 5 orders there was a combination of various Brickheadz, speed champion McLarens & Mercedes, as well as Republic Fighter Tanks.  Looks like I might be getting about $260 worth of Lego. Doesn't look like any Ocean Explorers have been filled. Since it appears that only partial orders were filled I won't know what's coming until I receive it.  Still hoping for an Ocean Explorer for personal build ?

Here come the cancellations:

"We are sorry that we are unable to complete your order # and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Despite our best efforts we are unable to fill this order based on item availability.

You will soon receive an email from us confirming the cancellation. You have not been charged for the item(s) we were unable to ship."

5 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Here come the cancellations:

"We are sorry that we are unable to complete your order # and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Despite our best efforts we are unable to fill this order based on item availability.

You will soon receive an email from us confirming the cancellation. You have not been charged for the item(s) we were unable to ship."

Yep, I just got a response very similar to that when I contacted their support over email to ask about just one of the orders.   

Just received this message from one of many orders I placed . Giving me $35 off my next order, which was a big surprise. I still have something on the way as well

that has been shipped.

We are sorry that we are unable to complete your order # and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Despite our best efforts we are unable to fill this order based on item availability.

You will soon receive an email from us confirming the cancellation. You have not been charged for the item(s) we were unable to ship.

If the product comes back in stock online or if you see the item in one of our Stores, and you choose to purchase it, we will honour the price from your original order.

The item(s) being canceled are:
LEGO Technic Ocean Explorer 42064

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and we would like to offer you $ 35 off your next online order at www.toysrus.ca / www.babiesrus.ca

Please note: This is a one-time use promotional code and cannot be shared. The code is case sensitive.

41 minutes ago, nami said:

Just received this message from one of many orders I placed . Giving me $35 off my next order, which was a big surprise. I still have something on the way as well

that has been shipped.

We are sorry that we are unable to complete your order # and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Despite our best efforts we are unable to fill this order based on item availability.

You will soon receive an email from us confirming the cancellation. You have not been charged for the item(s) we were unable to ship.

If the product comes back in stock online or if you see the item in one of our Stores, and you choose to purchase it, we will honour the price from your original order.

The item(s) being canceled are:
LEGO Technic Ocean Explorer 42064

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and we would like to offer you $ 35 off your next online order at www.toysrus.ca / www.babiesrus.ca

Please note: This is a one-time use promotional code and cannot be shared. The code is case sensitive.

Nice, only got $5 off for my cancellation, maybe it's based on how many items cancelled, or just YMMV based on CSR.

My order arrived today - only 1 brickheadz out of the 7 I ordered. However, I was charged $21.59 (not $7.98+tax), which I assume was the shipping charge, even though it SHOULD have been free since technically my order was over the $49 threshold.  I literally added a 7th brickheadz that I didn't really want to get free shipping...plus the box is damaged.  I tried calling Customer Service but got a voicemail box full msg?? Do you think I can dispute this and try to at least get a refund on the shipping charge? It isn't my fault that they ran out of stock...

Edited by seapotato
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, seapotato said:

My order arrived today - only 1 brickheadz out of the 5 I ordered. However, I was charged $21.59 (not $7.98+tax), which I assume was the shipping charge, even though it SHOULD have been free since technically my order was over the $39 threshold.  I literally added a 5th brickheadz that I didn't really want to get free shipping...plus the box is damaged.  I tried calling Customer Service but got a voicemail box full msg?? Do you think I can dispute this and try to at least get a refund on the shipping charge? It isn't my fault that they ran out of stock...

Thanks for mentioning this, just realized one of my orders also had shipping charged, only item to ship was a Jurassic World Figure, wonderful. Their CS lines for all inquiries must be massive, still waiting on a price match from like a week ago.

But yeah the shipping charge is their fault for sure.

Called again and got through to someone who seemed to understand better.

Was told that because the order was still open with the other 6 brickheadz, the price will be offset when the rest of the order ships. However, I don't think they actually have any stock anymore and I highly doubt they will refund me $12.65 after the fact if they end up cancelling the order (apparently it's on backorder, but I can't see that when I pull up my order).

So I asked if I would get $12.65 back if I cancel the rest of my order and she said yes...but after she did she's like oops, now you don't meet the $49 free shipping threshold....-____-

So I said well...it's still an incorrect charge, since the shipping fee on my invoice was $12.44 so where did the extra $0.21 come from? 

Still on hold while she checks some stuff...will update later haha.

Edit: CS was unable to process the refund but escalated it to someone who can go in through the backend to process it. So I guess I'll have to see if it actually gets done :S It sounds like they're just adjusting the shipping cost but I'm still be charged shipping....better not just be a 21cent refund lol. I've never fought so hard for $12 before lol but it's the principle of the matter!!

Edited by seapotato

Not that this will make any difference at this point but I recall free shipping with purchases $19.99 or more when we bought these items.  I don't understand why they didn't just cancel the entire order.  Who in their right mind would pay $12 for shipping on n $8 order? Surely they must realize this.

I'm still waiting for my mystery order and becoming less and less hopeful.  It was odd that I received a $35 credit but I did have many orders worth over $2000. So far only $25 worth has gone through my credit card.

10 hours ago, seapotato said:

My order arrived today - only 1 brickheadz out of the 7 I ordered. However, I was charged $21.59 (not $7.98+tax), which I assume was the shipping charge, even though it SHOULD have been free since technically my order was over the $49 threshold.  I literally added a 7th brickheadz that I didn't really want to get free shipping...plus the box is damaged.  I tried calling Customer Service but got a voicemail box full msg?? Do you think I can dispute this and try to at least get a refund on the shipping charge? It isn't my fault that they ran out of stock...

Thanks for the heads-up - same situation here - two non-Lego clearance items shipped and it looks like they charged me shipping too! What a mess... I just emailed customer service - did not want to go through what others have been experiencing on the phone... will see what comes from that. 

Also, I have yet to receive any cancellations on any Lego orders, and I have probably placed about 5 or 6 orders of various sizes...