TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

For anyone who is getting compensation credit codes; check every email and see if the codes are unique.

I've got multiple emails for the same cancelled item that i originally just ignored, but looking into them further the credit code is different for the same item cancelled. For Example i made an order for 1 Corvus Glaive set, but i have 3 cancellation emails for it with 3 unique codes. Likewise with a Minecraft set, 2 cancellation e-mails for it so far, 2 unique codes.

Would have been better to get the actual item of course, but i'll settle for all these coupon codes :P

Edited by Sandwraith

Just now, nami said:

Trying to use one of my codes but I cant seem to see where to apply it. When I go to payment options I'm not

given the option to apply unique codes, gift cards, etc.

Thanks!

It's pretty confusing, you have to apply it in your cart, not during checkout (stupid i know).

So put stuff in your cart, then "View Cart" or click the cart icon top right, then top right in cart there's an add promo code spot. If you just go straight to checkout once adding something to the "express cart" there's no option for promo codes, great site design...

24 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

For anyone who is getting compensation credit codes; check every email and see if the codes are unique.

I've got multiple emails for the same cancelled item that i originally just ignored, but looking into them further the credit code is different for the same item cancelled. For Example i made an order for 1 Corvus Glaive set, but i have 3 cancellation emails for it with 3 unique codes. Likewise with a Minecraft set, 2 cancellation e-mails for it so far, 2 unique codes.

Would have been better to get the actual item of course, but i'll settle for all these coupon codes :P

I had all my orders cancelled and only got one code.  I am debating whether it is worthing enquiring about codes on the other orders with customer service or just take the one I have ($25) and go with it?

1 minute ago, kouks said:

I had all my orders cancelled and only got one code.  I am debating whether it is worthing enquiring about codes on the other orders with customer service or just take the one I have ($25) and go with it?

Seems like the codes and amounts given is very YMMV, so up to you. I'm just taking whatever they give, besides customer service wait times are ridiculous, and they seems to be in the dark as to what's going on these past few weeks.

Thanks Sandwraith, I forgot I had to "view cart" in order to apply the unique codes.

I did receive my order the other day ago. Ordered 10 Mercedes and 10 McLaren Speed Champions. What I received was 1 McLaren (new version) in a bubble pack, squashed in my mail box. Of course I was charged $11 for shipping.  I called customer service to get my shipped charge reversed and the agent reversed it without any problem. He also gave me a unique code for 15% any order up to a $75 discount.

In total with this fiasco I received (5) $5 codes, (1) $35 code, and (1) 15% off code. Certainly helps after so much disappointment.

The codes that were given out with a Lego set name instead of a $ amount are worth $5. They can't be stacked as the system only accepts one code per transaction. On another note, toys R Us has the Halloween witch Brickheadz online and in stores for 1/2 price ($6.45). Good place to used some codes. These are sold out at Lego.com. Since Toys R Us did an in store promo on these last week there is stock available in stores for online pick up.

• Like 1

One more cancellation credit today $10 this time woot, still got a couple orders to get canned.

Looks like the site is still having intermittent issues, this Jurassic World item keeps popping in and out of stock when it probably shouldn't be, placed an order yesterday for one anyways. Today i noticed i still had 1 in my cart with this item name: "REMOVE ITEM DUE TO CANCELS" lol.

image.thumb.png.59faefcfbdf23cca7b4ec9ed3ea0aaf5.png

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up Ninjage City Docks today at $185.00.  There was only 1 copy and it happened to be in mint shape. While I was there

I stumbled upon (2) Technic Ocean Explorers at the clearance price of $89.98. Not sure where these came from as this was on one

of my previously cancelled online orders. Funny how things work out.

Picked up Ninjage City Docks today at $185.00.  There was only 1 copy and it happened to be in mint shape. While I was there
I stumbled upon (2) Technic Ocean Explorers at the clearance price of $89.98. Not sure where these came from as this was on one
of my previously cancelled online orders. Funny how things work out.
Vancouver area has a few stores with docks in stock. Of course, it's only $10 more at Costco with the $20 off coupon.

You can get multiple coupons. If you look through the Costco Canada thread it's detailed out. For your email, if it's [email protected], you can submit it as [email protected], [email protected], etc and it will get sent to the same mailbox. For the account number just bump one of the numbers up or down 1. Worked for me, but check the thread.

For those that received cancellation coupon codes, check the actual value of the coupons in the cart. Most of mine were quoted at $5-$10 in the emails, however i just found out 2 are actually $45 each... Was just making a purchase intending to use on a small $20 set for in-store pickup, and bam it came up as $45 discount, checked the rest and 2 of them came up as that, nice unexpected find haha.

Issue with these coupon codes is that if they take your order below $50, it doesn't give the free shipping, so I've been using in store pickup when available.

Edit: Make that 3 $45 coupons, they seem to all have been the most recent ones received.

Edited by Sandwraith
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

For those that received cancellation coupon codes, check the actual value of the coupons in the cart. Most of mine were quoted at $5-$10 in the emails, however i just found out 2 are actually $45 each... Was just making a purchase intending to use on a small $20 set for in-store pickup, and bam it came up as $45 discount, checked the rest and 2 of them came up as that, nice unexpected find haha.

Issue with these coupon codes is that if they take your order below $50, it doesn't give the free shipping, so I've been using in store pickup when available.

How do you check them?  Just try an on-line order?