TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

4 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

For those that received cancellation coupon codes, check the actual value of the coupons in the cart. Most of mine were quoted at $5-$10 in the emails, however i just found out 2 are actually $45 each... Was just making a purchase intending to use on a small $20 set for in-store pickup, and bam it came up as $45 discount, checked the rest and 2 of them came up as that, nice unexpected find haha.

Issue with these coupon codes is that if they take your order below $50, it doesn't give the free shipping, so I've been using in store pickup when available.

Edit: Make that 3 $45 coupons, they seem to all have been the most recent ones received.

WOW! Checked one of my recent $5 codes and it came up as $45! Just bought the new MF to let the kids build....the current 20% discount combined with 10% R Club and this $45 coupon results in a 50% off discount! Sweeeeeeet ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got lucky at the Lawrence/Vic Park location today. On top of cheap porgs, imperial landing crafts and swings, they had 2 Krennic Shutttles and the most recent cantina on the shelves (Must have been warehouse cleaning time) which were already marked down and then I got a multi buy discount as well. Krennic came to $50 each before taxes and the cantina was $40. They’re going for 3 times that or more on Amazon. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Got lucky at the Lawrence/Vic Park location today. On top of cheap porgs, imperial landing crafts and swings, they had 2 Krennic Shutttles and the most recent cantina on the shelves (Must have been warehouse cleaning time) which were already marked down and then I got a multi buy discount as well. Krennic came to $50 each before taxes and the cantina was $40. They’re going for 3 times that or more on Amazon. 

Speaking of which, landing craft in stock online, not sure if it never sold out, or they got new stock listed.

Do you need a unique code for the R club deal? For some reason I dont get R club emails though I’m a member. I’ve talked to customer service about this, but as we know their customer service is a train wreck and nobody seems to know how to fix it.. ?

Edited by Hansolo55

15 minutes ago, Hansolo55 said:

Do you need a unique code for the R club deal? For some reason I dont get R club emails though I’m a member. I’ve talked to customer service about this, but as we know their customer service is a train wreck and nobody seems to know how to fix it.. ?

Its an email.  You need to present the email to them as it is instore only promotion.

4 minutes ago, Hansolo55 said:

I see thanks for that, i understand now. Wish I got the emails! I get their regular emails but not R club specific ones .. 

I would definitely take advantage 

wonder if a forwarded email from a fellow Brickpicker would work? ?

I believe the codes are unique from what i read on RFD :(

7 hours ago, mongrelhorde said:

R Club email this week has $50 off $150 or more regular/sale priced items. Plus if you spend $50 or more on LEGO you get a $10 off card. Not too shabby if you can pick up some desired sale items.

Thank you for this! Found a Ninjago docks in stock locally at 20% off. Another $50 off brought it down to $165 which is 41% off. Not bad at all. Should be a fun build. 

• Like 2

I dont think any of my local trus have the ninjago docks in stock. Would love to grab one
Langley and Surrey are sold out, I will let you know about Coquitlam.
Safer deal was the family and friends discount which worked out to 32% off and Surrey had a lot of them.
Costco.ca is a good place for the train right now too. $139.99 + $20 off if you get the newsletter sign-up code.
Shipping sucks with Costco plus the Diner/Carousel/Ninjago City among others was a better use of the newsletter code. Hard to beat $139 Diner for a build.

Hey folks!  I got a random email from TRU yesterday in response to that whole fiasco with those OOS Brickheadz from around a month or two ago.  Seemed weird, since I'd gotten a lot of cancellation notifications, soon after, and they were of the "5.00 off coupon" variety.  Anyway, looked at this one and it said "40% off your next online order".  Some fine print said it can't be combined with other offers/coupons or items ending in *.94.  But that it does work on sale items.  I gave it a shot and, sure enough, works!  

This seems like a pretty powerful coupon to me that can really be knocked out of the park.  Did anyone else get this coupon and what did you use it on (or are you waiting for Boxing Day sales)?.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, billybell991 said:

Hey folks!  I got a random email from TRU yesterday in response to that whole fiasco with those OOS Brickheadz from around a month or two ago.  Seemed weird, since I'd gotten a lot of cancellation notifications, soon after, and they were of the "5.00 off coupon" variety.  Anyway, looked at this one and it said "40% off your next online order".  Some fine print said it can't be combined with other offers/coupons or items ending in *.94.  But that it does work on sale items.  I gave it a shot and, sure enough, works!  

This seems like a pretty powerful coupon to me that can really be knocked out of the park.  Did anyone else get this coupon and what did you use it on (or are you waiting for Boxing Day sales)?.  Thanks!

I got the same email... was debating what to use it on...

1 hour ago, Shneebs said:

I got the same email... was debating what to use it on...

Tempting to use it on stuff that's already discounted like the new SW Brickheadz pair or the Hall of Armor, but also tempting to wait until that Mando battle pack comes out in Jan as well.  Pretty wild that there's no real ceiling on it, either.  I have a gut feeling that I'll place an insane order and they'll call me out on it.