Update on Forum Mobile App and Features

Im still trying to navigate my way around the tapatalk app for android, but is there a way to get the app to display pics instead of giving me and icon that lets me download the pic to see it. I dont necessarily want to download every picture on here. I looked through the settings but didnt see anything.

• 1 month later...

A couple of issues to report on the Mobile App:

1. Lately, when I hit "Recent Posts", and then go into a topic, I'm getting taken to the latest message in the thread, rather than the first new message for me.  I end up having to scroll back to find the first new message for myself.

2. Formatting issues.  The BBCode is coming through on the mobile app.  Not sure if it's supposed to.  It didn't do that in the old app, but I was also on an Android at that point.  Between the old and new app, I switch to iOS.  Now, the BBCode is there when I quote a post.  But, it's more frustrating that my formatting doesn't come through.  There are times that I've had a wall of text appear, because the formatting I wanted didn't translate.  Example below:

This is how I intended a post to appear:

lOXeJaU.png

This is how it ended up appearing after I posted it:

EsamqaZ.png

Is it something I'm doing on my end?

• Like 1

A couple of issues to report on the Mobile App:

1. Lately, when I hit "Recent Posts", and then go into a topic, I'm getting taken to the latest message in the thread, rather than the first new message for me.  I end up having to scroll back to find the first new message for myself.

2. Formatting issues.  The BBCode is coming through on the mobile app.  Not sure if it's supposed to.  It didn't do that in the old app, but I was also on an Android at that point.  Between the old and new app, I switch to iOS.  Now, the BBCode is there when I quote a post.  But, it's more frustrating that my formatting doesn't come through.  There are times that I've had a wall of text appear, because the formatting I wanted didn't translate.  Example below:

This is how I intended a post to appear:

This is how it ended up appearing after I posted it:

Is it something I'm doing on my end?

Nope, the mobile app has issues... the ones you highlighted are especially annoying.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Just got the notification that the latest version of the forum mobile app was approved and available on the iTunes Store. This is the iOS version only. Android will be released soon

I assume the old version needs to be removed, before you can download the new version?