41078 - Skyra’s Mysterious Sky Castle

TheOrcKing

I figured the largest and soon to be available by the summer (August) set of the new Elves theme deserved its own thread already especially now that we have an official image to go with the model on display at one of the last toy fair events. A large lovely abode home to the strong and wise gentle queen of the elves, Skyra, made from 808 pieces and shall retail for the royal price of ....huh, I couldn't find that because nobody focused on the dang price tag in any shot I looked through! I would guess either $80 or $90; probably the latter.

16634659253_cdd2bcb807_o.jpg

• Like 2

To me honestly even 41077 deserves its own thread, an awesome mid-size set. I really like this theme and its fantasy element. I wouldn't be buying Friends theme for my little niece because I find the theme too pinky and cheesy. This theme with its adventurous element really strikes me as something she'd like (and that her mother who's not exactly the Barbie-type educator would approve of :p)

Edited by Vinetu
Grammar

To me honestly even 41077 deserves its own thread, an awesome mid-size set. I really like this theme and its fantasy element. I wouldn't be buying Friends theme for my little niece because I find the theme too pinky and cheesy. This theme with its adventurous element really strikes me as something she'd like (and that her mother who's not exactly the Barbie-type educator would approve of :p)

​Every set deserves a thread in my eyes. Although new I do like the ideas incorporated and choice of colors used in this Elves theme very much in some ways better than the Friends line to a point. If anything what piques my interest is the cast of Faye characters and their details. Well anyway, Aira's Pegasus Sleigh does have its own topic now.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

All I know about this set is that one of my Meijer's sold out of most LEGO last Christmas and replaced all the shelf space with at least 30 copies of this set. And until a month or two ago you could still come across this set in Walmart. Don't think it was a fast seller :)

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Haay said:

So ... One year after official retirement, and two years after the last post about this set, what do people think about this set ?

It hasn't reached original RRP yet, as far as I can see. At least on Bricklink. Not an instant winner, that's for sure.

Did you watch the BP video about Elves first wave sets?

This one had to be deely discounted to make money. I feel the same will happend with 41180.

2 year lives will test the dragons to the max.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 08/11/2017 at 5:09 PM, Haay said:

So ... One year after official retirement, and two years after the last post about this set, what do people think about this set ?

It hasn't reached original RRP yet, as far as I can see. At least on Bricklink. Not an instant winner, that's for sure.

Two months later the Bricklink price in Europe has reached and is slowly surpassing original RRP. This set is going to do just fine. :)