Lego Polybags in Canada

Gray2010

On 11/9/2015, 7:35:39, Sandwraithx157 said:

Hey Weakside!

Happen to catch what polys they had there? haven't been in a while, and i'm actually pretty low on polybags for this season (polys usually sell very well for people buying them for donations and such).

Good to see you still popping in ;)

Hey Sandwraithx157, wished I took some pictures...honestly I don't remember exact polybags.  Creator + Chima stuff etc.  Nothing stood out but there were definitely some there.  Sorry - not much help lol.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Local TRU got a poly restock, but it was just the same old stuff we've seen all year. Ninjago mech thing, Rebels Tie-Advanced, Demolition Driller, and the Creator Cat. I seem to recall last holiday season being much better in terms of polybags :(

Haven't seen the new Christmas tree poly again since a few weeks ago, it was a quick seller at least.

On 11/10/2015, 8:59:38, weakside said:

Hey Sandwraithx157, wished I took some pictures...honestly I don't remember exact polybags.  Creator + Chima stuff etc.  Nothing stood out but there were definitely some there.  Sorry - not much help lol.   

No worries, if you go there again sometime before Christmas; snap a pic! :P

31 minutes ago, Sandwraithx157 said:

Local TRU got a poly restock, but it was just the same old stuff we've seen all year. Ninjago mech thing, Rebels Tie-Advanced, Demolition Driller, and the Creator Cat. I seem to recall last holiday season being much better in terms of polybags :(

Haven't seen the new Christmas tree poly again since a few weeks ago, it was a quick seller at least.

Same here (Ottawa), thou there are a few Christmas trees still lingering... not that it looks like anything special.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Gray2010 said:

I found some lego polybags at my local flea market, Friends 30106, halloween witch 40032 and Star Wars Umbaran MHC 30243, all for $4.99 each.  Are they worth picking up and reselling them?

Thanks,

John

The witch maybe but next year... and I wouldn't touch the Umabaran. My local Indigo still has a bucket full.

(Friends, you're on your own :))

• 5 months later...

Made a trip to LLDC Vaughan this weekend. They had a healthy supply of polybags this time. I don't have set numbers or exact names as i didn't pick any up, but they had:

Olaf on the beach

Friends ice cream(?) stand

Kylo's Shuttle

Ninjago Fire Dragon (the one from LEGO Shop at Home promotion)

Ninjago bad guy pirate flying thing

City Demolition Driller

On 5/16/2016 at 8:19 AM, Sandwraith said:

Made a trip to LLDC Vaughan this weekend. They had a healthy supply of polybags this time. I don't have set numbers or exact names as i didn't pick any up, but they had:

Olaf on the beach

Friends ice cream(?) stand

Kylo's Shuttle

Ninjago Fire Dragon (the one from LEGO Shop at Home promotion)

Ninjago bad guy pirate flying thing

City Demolition Driller

Went there last night and they had lots of Olaf (which surprised me), a lot of the pirate guy and the driller, but nothing else. Picked up a few Olafs and when i went to the cash I saw they had a box of about 25 Admiral Yularens. You had to spend $50 to get one so I got a small lego set for my son to make the minimum spend. Then I went to the TRU down the hall and got 2 Hydra Fortress Smash for $40 each plus 2 free Olafs. Figure I can sell these all for double that down the road. Thanks for the tip. Now to find a Kylo Ren shuttle.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Went there last night and they had lots of Olaf (which surprised me), a lot of the pirate guy and the driller, but nothing else. Picked up a few Olafs and when i went to the cash I saw they had a box of about 25 Admiral Yularens. You had to spend $50 to get one so I got a small lego set for my son to make the minimum spend. Then I went to the TRU down the hall and got 2 Hydra Fortress Smash for $40 each plus 2 free Olafs. Figure I can sell these all for double that down the road. Thanks for the tip. Now to find a Kylo Ren shuttle.

Yeah the Kylo Shuttles were in the checkout line in the little bowls on the queue posts, only had probably 30 or so of them and i bet they went fast.

Just now, Sandwraith said:

Yeah the Kylo Shuttles were in the checkout line in the little bowls on the queue posts, only had probably 30 or so of them and i bet they went fast.

The cashier and I were both searching every polybag bowl in the store on the off chance one had gotten mixed in somewhere. I'm sure they'll turn up sometime. Honestly, the Yularen figure was a nice unexpected surprise. I had just sold the one I got from Yorkdale from May the 4th last week so now I'm tempted to get more. I already get 10% off Legoland because of the annual pass and $50 is not as high a threshold as the $75 required for May the 4th. Most people probably won't even see him since they're in a box behind the cash with no visible promos at all. 

• 11 months later...

I was at my local toys r us store in Oshawa, ON and they had several different Polybags for sale: the Batman Movie  - mini batmobile # 30521 for $4.99, Lego city  police car # 30352 for $3.99, Lego city roadster # 30354 for $3.99, Lego creator Iguana # 30477 for $3.99, Lego Disney - cinderella's  kitchen # 30551 for $3.99, Lego Marvel - the Milano # 30449 for $3.99 and finally Lego Star Wars U-Wing fighter # 30496 for $3.99.

john

54 minutes ago, Gray2010 said:

I was at my local toys r us store in Oshawa, ON and they had several different Polybags for sale: the Batman Movie  - mini batmobile # 30521 for $4.99, Lego city  police car # 30352 for $3.99, Lego city roadster # 30354 for $3.99, Lego creator Iguana # 30477 for $3.99, Lego Disney - cinderella's  kitchen # 30551 for $3.99, Lego Marvel - the Milano # 30449 for $3.99 and finally Lego Star Wars U-Wing fighter # 30496 for $3.99.

john

Nice to hear, it's been far too long since I've seen (or heard of) healthy polybag stock at TRU. In fact i can't even recall the last one i saw..