Lego Polybags in Canada

Gray2010

The one closest to my house finally put them out today. I emptied 5 of the shelves to get 100 :D. They were saving it for a "promotion" which was way back in June. They must of figured they got no other JW sets to sell, so there is no more promotion LOL. EPIC Fail!

IMG_3504_zpsf70gs6uz.jpg

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 4

The one closest to my house finally put them out today. I emptied 5 of the shelves to get 100 :D. They were saving it for a "promotion" which was way back in June. They must of figured they got no other JW sets to sell, so there is no more promotion LOL. EPIC Fail!

IMG_3504_zpsf70gs6uz.jpg

Gah! Wish I hadn't missed those. Could have used a couple. lol Nice score. I'll bet that was a fun checkout. ????

Oh for sure... watching the clerk scan every single one X_X

Don't know why they can't just count them all and punch in the quantity on their register.

I always wonder the same thing as I tell them how many there are & they can still count for themselves. Perhaps they just don't know how...

Probably varies by clerk, i usually just tell mine how many and they scan it once.

I'd say 5 or less, they scan each one. More than that and they'll usually count. I think it's done for two reasons:

1) Prevents cashier from miscounting.
2) Prevents cashier from miscounting & throwing off inventory levels. :)

Probably a store by store policy. My local TRU just put out a pile of Arctic Scout sets and I've been contemplating grabbing them. My city radar says all the arctic sets go bye-bye this fall to make way for the deep sea/space stuff. They could become valuable little things + the arctic stuff is just cool.

• Like 1

• gregpj unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

So, did anybody get the Joker bumper car?  My local toys r us were sold out in less than 2 hrs and they won't be bringing anymore of them.  Does anybody know for sure if they're going to sell them later on?

thanks, 

john

They had them on the shelves (Kanata/Stittsville, TRU) for $5.99 before the promo, if they have any left they might put them out again. 

So, did anybody get the Joker bumper car?  My local toys r us were sold out in less than 2 hrs and they won't be bringing anymore of them.  Does anybody know for sure if they're going to sell them later on?

thanks, 

john

I got a couple, but they were gone by noon on Friday (my mom got the last one) in Windsor. As for putting them out for sale - if your store had them at some point before the odds might be better, but if you never saw them on the floor in the last little bit, odds aren't great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was at the Legoland Discovery Centre (Vaughan Mills) today with my son...Star Wars weekend event happening I guess, Storm Troopers and other dress up characters on hand.  A nice lady handed us 2 chrome silver TC-14 droid polybags as we entered Legoland.  Guess there's still some kicking around.  I love this minifigure.    

After watching all four 4-D movies and doing the Lego Academy mini build (free to take away), it was a successful/fun trip to the local mall.  Some ice cream boosted our energy level up again - but don't tell mom lol.      

Those of you with membership/Discovery Centre in your area, visit this weekend while supplies last on the TC-14 polybag.  Maybe it's just a Toronto promo or could be North American wide.      

On 11/7/2015, 7:19:47, weakside said:

Was at the Legoland Discovery Centre (Vaughan Mills) today with my son...Star Wars weekend event happening I guess, Storm Troopers and other dress up characters on hand.  A nice lady handed us 2 chrome silver TC-14 droid polybags as we entered Legoland.  Guess there's still some kicking around.  I love this minifigure.    

After watching all four 4-D movies and doing the Lego Academy mini build (free to take away), it was a successful/fun trip to the local mall.  Some ice cream boosted our energy level up again - but don't tell mom lol.      

Those of you with membership/Discovery Centre in your area, visit this weekend while supplies last on the TC-14 polybag.  Maybe it's just a Toronto promo or could be North American wide.      

Hey Weakside!

Happen to catch what polys they had there? haven't been in a while, and i'm actually pretty low on polybags for this season (polys usually sell very well for people buying them for donations and such).

Good to see you still popping in ;)

6 minutes ago, lego rules said:

straight purchase or min. buy of $XX.XX?

don't know for sure, I just get a notification injected into my outlook calendar (oops, sorry now that I read it, it's an 18hr event alarm so the shelf date is actually the 11th) there's no indication that it's a promo but this happened before with Rocket Raccoon - it was straight purchase for a few days then went to promo for a couple weeks then back to purchasable until they were gone.  (both #169326 (c-3po) & #306454 (???))

• Like 1