How am I going to sell all this Lego????

thirsty

Hey thirsty, how is the selling going? You left us hanging all summer!!

Personally I sold very very little this summer aside from some polybags and a few sets locally. I hope to sell a little more in Oct and Nov but then my selling will stop for 7-8 months completely as my family and I are going to be out of country!

Sold $9 grand US in the last three months.  All on ebay, all going for hammer price.  I'm quite happy with the results, had a couple duds, but for the most part a very profitable endeavor.  I'm on a project out in Revelstoke BC so I am away from home for the next couple weeks, will resume selling going into the middle of October.  Looking to unload a good $10 grand if I can between here and Christmas, probably get rid of a lot of my duds and replace stock with better sets.  Going to blow out some discount Brickmania stuff too if you guys are interested. 

• Like 2

I'm French Canadian and am fluent in French so that's one of the reasons we chose France.

I only have my personal 10212 and one used one that I haven't gotten around to cleaning and selling.

Could you please clarify something for me: Are you fluent in French or Quebecois... :D (I can't make a large enough smiley face)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Top rated PowerSeller as of today.  120 problem free sales minus Jessica Scam (lol!) in ten months flat. 

I'm a contractor in real life and am no stranger to business, have to say this has really opened my eyes to a world of opportunity (not just Lego) in online retail.

Thanks for all your help Brickpickers!!!

• Like 7

On 9/19/2015 at 7:42 AM, redghostx said:

Could you please clarify something for me: Are you fluent in French or Quebecois... :D (I can't make a large enough smiley face)

I totally missed that post... well, as it turns out French in France is quite different than what I learned in school which is not Quebecois. It has been an interesting three months so far... my 8 year old has learned so much French that he has occasionally corrected me on some words and has definitely learned some words I never knew. The biggest challenge (and I'd bet for any language) is the way they blend words at high speed. When people speak more slowly, I pick up 99% of what they say. At regular speed, it's more like 80% which can be frustrating.

10 hours ago, thirsty said:

Top rated PowerSeller as of today.  120 problem free sales minus Jessica Scam (lol!) in ten months flat. 

I'm a contractor in real life and am no stranger to business, have to say this has really opened my eyes to a world of opportunity (not just Lego) in online retail.

Thanks for all your help Brickpickers!!!

Great to hear... How much of your inventory have you moved? Are you still buying? Have you sold more to Canadians our outside of Canada (with the weaker dollar)? Come on, details! We want some details! ;)

Seriously though, good on you.

Sold about a quarter of my total collection.... replaced most of it with new inventory.  Getting better at picking short term winners, picked up 16 75054's right before Xmas (saw that coming a mile away).  Still have a mix of dud's to sell.  A lot winners too though.  Nice thing is that you usually get your all of your money out of the duds, try that in the stock market!

I would say sales are split between Canada and the US.  Alberta bought a lot of Lego right before Xmas and then right after but has completely disappeared since.  Lot of stuff goes to Ontario, some to Quebec some to BC. 

Starting to diversify, stocking up on things that are undervalued, or do well due to currency arbitrage across a border.  Getting into near classic cars.  The auctions on Catawiki of Modern Classics has really peaked my interest.  Picked up two low km 1991 BMW's in the last month.  Want a dozen.

• Like 3