London Drugs (Canada)

Gray2010

7x Lego Ultra-Dino Breakout 75919 available for $119.99 (20% off) from London Drugs (so you also save provincial taxes in eastern Canada):

http://www.londondrugs.com/Lego-Ultra-Dino-Breakout/L8614760,default,pd.html?start=140&q=lego&prefn1=brandDescription&prefv1=LEGO

I keep checking hoping they put some more items on sale. Really want a couple of the Scooby-Doo sets for personal use, but won't bite until %20 off :(

Considering the OP said there were boatloads I expected it still to be available.  I am still torn over how many I think I can sell between Nov-early Dec. 

I think some members underestimate the power of this line ;)

Anyways in for 2 more, at %20 off it will be an easy flip in the next few months. Not sure if LEGO currently has the production capabilities to really pump this out to market flooding levels, at least until the holiday season ends that is.

I think some members underestimate the power of this line ;)

Anyways in for 2 more, at %20 off it will be an easy flip in the next few months. Not sure if LEGO currently has the production capabilities to really pump this out to market flooding levels, at least until the holiday season ends that is.

I'm surprised by the optimism here. You might want to check your local Lego store or TRU, it is all over the shelves. If you buy at 120CAD, sure, you could flip for $140CAD, but what's stopping me from going to the lego store during double VIP and getting it at 150CAD plus taxes and a free gift?

I'm surprised by the optimism here. You might want to check your local Lego store or TRU, it is all over the shelves. If you buy at 120CAD, sure, you could flip for $140CAD, but what's stopping me from going to the lego store during double VIP and getting it at 150CAD plus taxes and a free gift?

You're making three assumptions:

1) Everyone has access to a physical LEGO store who wants this set.
2) That every LEGO store has them in stock (and will for double VIP).
3) That people don't impulse buy on eBay.

I only have physical access to one store and I've seen them with a couple on the shelves and none on the shelves in the last three months. That's a recipe for parking lot hotcakes if I've ever seen one.

PS It is not yet confirmed that 2x VIP overlaps with any significant gift from LEGO. 2x VIP is officially October 1-4 (anything else is just a rumor) and the free Xmas train starts Oct 13. I don't count the free Star Wars poster as much and it may not even last until Oct 1st.

• Like 1

Fairly hard not to be optimistic no matter what your game/style given the sets recent sales. Ebays sold listings puts it averaging $230 CAD with most being above $200 which is around what I've been getting for the couple I've already flipped. And this is all before the holiday rush and a somewhat easier time than before to find it on the shelves. Sure it's in stock at my local TRU, it's not %20 off though, so when it can be had had a decent discount i'd say its almost a no brainer for the QFLL's. Just because a set is in stock many places before the holiday rush doesn't mean it will still be everywhere in a month or 2. For example the new MF is seemingly in every WM i go to. Yet it will still probably be a great holiday flip. If it ever goes %20 off you bet your buns i'll be grabbing some :)

I'm not sure anyone would be flipping this set on the current market for $140 CAD. No idea where that number even came from! At that price most would be selling at a loss (taxes/fees/shipping/supplies/etc). Everyone is entitled to invest/flip in what they want of course, and i don't think anyone is here to convince you to stock up on this set and tell you you must buy it, but moreso trying to let others see its probably a safe flip and long term investment at a decent discount. It's all just opinions anyways ;)

Unless of course TLG can pull out tons of these just in time for the holiday season, which doesn't look like it will happen given their track record with this line, but anything can happen! For the record i have 4 of these and think that's a safe amount.

This is a big one too. If something has even a slight scarcity/stock issues, you can bet the people with money will just go to ebay and grab one to get it over with once they've checked a few places. It happens all the time with new sets and especially newly released exclusives. 

You're making three assumptions:

1) Everyone has access to a physical LEGO store who wants this set.
2) That every LEGO store has them in stock (and will for double VIP).

I only have physical access to one store and I've seen them with a couple on the shelves and none on the shelves in the last three months. That's a recipe for parking lot hotcakes if I've ever seen one.

PS It is not yet confirmed that 2x VIP overlaps with any significant gift from LEGO. 2x VIP is officially October 1-4 (anything else is just a rumor) and the free Xmas train starts Oct 13. I don't count the free Star Wars poster as much and it may not even last until Oct 1st.

That's a bit crazy if what you say is true. I'm going to go clean mine then. I got tonnes of VIP points so GCs from friends to stack and get this for an average of under $99CAD. I guess I'll buy now and ask questions later. I have millions of chances to buy this under $120CAD but never  bit. Looks like I should just clean this set based on your assumption. I know TRU has a bunch and I can clean them out and if I can't unload them, I'll just refund them all.

That's a bit crazy if what you say is true. I'm going to go clean mine then. I got tonnes of VIP points so GCs from friends to stack and get this for an average of under $99CAD. I guess I'll buy now and ask questions later. I have millions of chances to buy this under $120CAD but never  bit. Looks like I should just clean this set based on your assumption. I know TRU has a bunch and I can clean them out and if I can't unload them, I'll just refund them all.

My local TRUs pretty much cleared out their JW stock early on. After that they never had much on the shelves besides a few Trex Trackers and Dilosophorus Ambush sets. Walmart got picked clean with only a few Trex Tracker scragglers. Raptor Rampage got cleaned out at WM, TRU and LEGO and has never come back. Disclaimer: I haven't been to my LEGO store in about 2.5 weeks but they had very very little JW sets and no RR after the initial rush.

If you can get the IRex set for $100, there is a huge potential for flipping in the US as well.

My local TRUs pretty much cleared out their JW stock early on. After that they never had much on the shelves besides a few Trex Trackers and Dilosophorus Ambush sets. Walmart got picked clean with only a few Trex Tracker scragglers. Raptor Rampage got cleaned out at WM, TRU and LEGO and has never come back. Disclaimer: I haven't been to my LEGO store in about 2.5 weeks but they had very very little JW sets and no RR after the initial rush.

If you can get the IRex set for $100, there is a huge potential for flipping in the US as well.

Thanks for the advice. Can't believe these sets are really sitting on the shelves and nobody's cleaning. I will clean some on double VIP. I keep on coming to BP and see people get excited about the JW sets, then I go to my TRUs and lego stores and I'm wondering what is the fuss about. Now I know which cities have a population of non-lego buyers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

London Drugs has this $25 off for any purchase of $150 paid by Visa Checkout:
http://www.londondrugs.com/visacheckout.html

The recent Star Wars sets are also 10% off:
http://www.londondrugs.com/lego-star-wars---first-order-transporter---75103/L8938862.html
http://www.londondrugs.com/lego-star-wars---kylo-ren%27s-command-shuttle---75104/L8938870.html?q=lego&prefn1=brandDescription&start=115&prefv1=LEGO

And on top of all that, eastern Canada residents don't pay any federal tax. The total discount ends up around 30% off.

For anyone who expects the sets to run out after the new Star Wars movie comes out, I think this doesn't look too bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Substored said:

todays LondonDrugs finds. All these plus they had series 14 for 3.19. I only picked up the Minifigs this time around. and waiting to see on the others. Would anyone here have picked any of these up? It feels like they have 20-25% on a semi regular basis.

Londondrugs and Canadian Tire must share the same sale tag printer :laugh:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Online sale at London Drugs: 20% off after most/all prices have been raised by about 10%, plus 25 CAD off for purchases over 150 CAD paid by Visa Checkout, plus no provincial taxes when shipped to eastern Canada.

They have a very limited selection though:

http://www.londondrugs.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-LondonDrugs-Site/default/Search-Show?q=lego&prefn1=brandDescription&prefv1=LEGO&sz=230

1 hour ago, Stragus said:

Online sale at London Drugs: 20% off after most/all prices have been raised by about 10%, plus 25 CAD off for purchases over 150 CAD paid by Visa Checkout, plus no provincial taxes when shipped to eastern Canada.

They have a very limited selection though:

http://www.londondrugs.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-LondonDrugs-Site/default/Search-Show?q=lego&prefn1=brandDescription&prefv1=LEGO&sz=230

They do charge tax when shipping to Ontario.