BRICKPICKER COLLECTING & PRICE GUIDE BOOK COMING SOON!!

The Macks, how much is the book geared towards investing vs. collecting percentage-wise?

​Don't worry...I didn't make a LEGO investment book.  The publisher specializes in "collectibles" and that is that angle I approached it from.  There is some good information in it, especially if you are new to the hobby. 

​Don't worry...I didn't make a LEGO investment book.  The publisher specializes in "collectibles" and that is that angle I approached it from.  There is some good information in it, especially if you are new to the hobby. 

Any cryptic messages that need deciphering?   

• Like 1

Just bought two books, one to open and read and the other will be a NISB collectible.  Really though my 9 year old son loves lego books and beats them up pretty bad by flipping thru them so much so I wanted another to keep it nice as well.  I can't wait for them to come.  A terrific idea for a book.

71BCkdHuRSL.jpgBack in the early Fall, Ed and I were approached by Krause Publishing to develop a LEGO Collecting and Price Guide book. Not sure how many of you have ever been involved with putting a book together, but it is quite a task.  For months Ed worked to the early morning hours putting the content together while I have taken thousands of photos and organized data. At this point, a lot of what we needed to submit has been handed over and the full production of the book is in progress.   Now you all can understand why I have been running that other thread looking for some photos for some sets. If you have a little time, please look at that list and contact me if you have the boxes or even better have it built.  I will be able to send you a photo release and of course you get credit in the book.

I know a few of you have had eagle eyes and found the current Amazon preorder online. The book is slated to be released mid November, just in time for all of you to ask for one for the holidays.  We really hope that those of you that do decide to pick up a copy enjoy what we have put together. As I have said, it has been a lot of work and there is still a bit more to accomplish, but it will be exciting to walk into a book store one day and see your work sitting there.

It may also clear up a bunch of times that Ed and I have said, we were quite busy working on some things, well at least now you know and hopefully now we can get back to doing more content for the site itself and other things.  If you would like to preorder the book, just click on the photos or Amazon widget.  We look forward to the time that we can get feedback on whether you like the book or not. Maybe later Ed can chime in to give more details on the content itself.

​I always wanted to read a book :)

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse

just found a foreign made knock off of the book on ebay for $1.50 free shipping

in all serious congrats will be preordering

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I think there was another thread, but not sure where it is so I will post here since it is still relevant.  Got the book today and it is honestly it was beyond my expectations.  This thing is a real book with awesome sets.  I haven't read everything, but I find myself skimming and reading, skimming and reading.  So many sets I never thought about or totally missed.  Great job guys, if you didn't pick it up, you should. I would of thought that hundreds if not thousands of Brickpickers would have purchased this and been talking about it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, legotrader said:

I think there was another thread, but not sure where it is so I will post here since it is still relevant.  Got the book today and it is honestly it was beyond my expectations.  This thing is a real book with awesome sets.  I haven't read everything, but I find myself skimming and reading, skimming and reading.  So many sets I never thought about or totally missed.  Great job guys, if you didn't pick it up, you should. I would of thought that hundreds if not thousands of Brickpickers would have purchased this and been talking about it.

Glad you like the book.  Maybe there weren't too many people that bought it or maybe they don't want to hurt our feelings :)   It's all good!

Thanks. Feel free to leave a good review on Amazon. Thanks again.