Lego buying and selling in the UK (and EU)

Yeah with the current conversion, buying Benny's/Mountains at around £35 each is such a steal, I mean if you wanted you could most likely shift them this Christmas for around £100-£120 make a healthy profit and move on. But I would hold the Benny's, who knows whats going to be in the next movie, that bad boy could be a goldmine.

Asda Direct lego sale, not outstanding but a few possibilities   

Benny £57 
Super Secret Police Dropship – 70815 £36 
Bike Shop & Cafe - £39.97
Knowhere Escape Mission – 76020 £24.97

Yeah I picked u a few more of the Knowhere escape missions,

Shame the Millano has sold out.

Thanks

Benny £57 

Thanks.  Indeed a shame Millano has sold out - that would have been a great deal!

Although saying that could have done without this sale :)  Wallet is getting a little light this month.  Already got myself some Mos Eisley, X-man and Bat-mobile UCS for the personal collection this week.

I am a sucker for the sales though.

Benny £57 

maybe I just need to watch the movie but at 36 for the drop ship is that good buy in point for an investment? I like the setset (@ 36) but just not sure what it has going for it that will make people buy this one as opposed to any other. 

Looking at eBay listings I'd see this one as just a quick flip. Anyone feel this one will do well as a long term hold?

It depends on your market, to whom you are selling and how much profit you want. 

I can move these at £50 cash per set or part the figs and base weight, selling bulk new colour. 1.43kg (incl. packaging) with 8 figs, 8.2pp at retail and 4.2pp at £36. Some sets are great value parts boxes at heavy discount. Bulk grey is my best seller.  

If your plan is to sit on them for 2-3 years until the next Lego movie and sell on eBay, there are probably better sets; but without knowing your plans.  

• 2 weeks later...

Go check out your local Sainsburys as there are some good deals in store but it varies from store to store.

I went to 2 different stores and one of them had hardly any deals at all apart from Simpsons Minifigures 5 for £5!!! The other (super) store had half price on quite a few different items but Simpsons minifigures were only 3 for 2 lol. I got a Ninjago Jungle Raider for £9 for my eldest and Kashyyk Troopers were £6 although they were £8 in the other store. A few other bits and bobs available - not the greatest range of stuff but you can't knock 50% off.

Just got back from another Sainsburys. No deals in there apart from 5 minifigures for £5 so I bought another mitfull.

On the plus side I had a wander around the Smyths that is on the same site and they had Flatiron buildings for £10 so picked up all the decent boxes and left the tatty ones. Not a completely wasted journey in the end.

It looks to me like all the decent deals are in the massive Sainsburys superstores so don't bother unless you have one near you as the smaller stores are disappointing.

Edited by skanks