Lego buying and selling in the UK (and EU)

Thanks guys, just got 120 cmf from Sainsbury's , got to learn to smoosh now...never been that good at doing that!

Nice!! theres plenty practice in 120 to learn.

Yes plenty, but I sidestepped them at RRP.

I went to the Lego shop for mini build yesterday and they said they were sent 850 series 14 CMFs and they sold out in a week.

Checked Smyths after sainsburys, had a few boxes so bought 5 minifigs for the craic. proper smoosh first though. no doubles. Had a look round for new SW sets and the shelves were still full. Seriously thinking I have this place all to myself with the exception of the kids of course. 

So what do I do with these 120 now :)    Once I have them in sets I was thinking of just keeping them and bundling them with either the Simpsons House or the Kwik E Mart .   Seeing as they were not the most popular sets it seems to make sense to hold on to them so they do appreciate a little.     What do you guys think, sound plan?

In my short experience with CMFs they tend to disappear quick so you definitely need to wait until EOL. I was picking up Series 12 from Argos at £1.69 each but I wasn't going mad as they seemed to have tonnes in stock and then all of a sudden they seemed to have disappeared completely from Argos and I was left wishing I picked up more although the themed ranges seem to do better.

I'm going to open mine, bag them all up and see how many complete sets I can get together and then sit on them for a bit.

I picked up 4 x Stephanies New born Lamb @ The Entertainer Buy 1 get a second for a penny worked out at £5 each, small profit but do-able.

they had loads of Ultra Agents and and some Chima, neither of which interest me so left them for someone else. Its a good deal going on at the mo if you are into Transformers, Barbie etc all good for flipping. Wish I had about £250 in pocket yesterday could have made a killing at Christmas!!!

This might be of interest to someone. TRU £10 voucher for every £40 spend in store. Could be useful if your after some CMF or buy 4 ectos get one free etc. Havnt really had a chance to have a proper look yet to see if theres any good deals this could be used with.

It might however stack with the £20 spend on Lego sticker offer ( 4 stickers gives you a £20 voucher).

So for example if you bought 4 City Swamp Police Station (60069) all separately @ £40.99, you would get x4 £10 vouchers and 4 stickers giving you another £20 voucher. £60 back for a £120 spend.  (I have only picked this set because of its price point, buy what you want etc) Obviously this could be applied to any set or any mixture of sets as long as you spend £40 each transaction.

If you guys find anything really good post it up, I had enough of looking tonight.

I'm gonna check this out tomorrow, see if the sticker promo is still going. Happy hunting lads

Here's the link. http://www.toysrus.co.uk/toys

The dates: "You will qualify for a free £10 Gift Coupon when you spend £40 or more on any Toys 'R' Us and Babies 'R' Us items, in a single online transaction from 4pm Friday 11th September to Midnight Thursday 17th September 2015 only."

• Like 2

Just had another thought on this, I wonder if you then spent £40 of your £60 in vouchers, would they give you another £10. Giving you £30? You then most well spend an extra £10 and get the promo again.

Anyway I have a feeling i'm gonna be the most popular guy in TRU today :notme:

Maybe ever.

Edited by TheGallows
spelling
  • Like 1

I always find the TRU staff very good down here when it is quiet, when they are busy people like us are a nuisance. They know we are investing or reselling most of the time as they get to know your face etc etc. I may have a go at this tomorrow first thing when the store opens.

Thanks for all the info 'TheGallows' :good:

• Like 1

So not as good as I initially thought. The £10 off vouchers cant be used together. So they are just £10 off a single transaction.The stickers are still running though. The £10 off has to be used between the 18th and 24th of this month.

So I got 4 £10 off vouchers and a £20 off voucher, and bought

ecto

ecto

wall-e + CMF

wall-e + CMF (at least both CMF's were tiger ladys)

Nothing amazing, I'm gonna build a wall-e with my little boy today, use the £10 off vouchers on the Star Wars build able figures next week, and prob use the £20 off on another ecto.

• Like 2

Asda.  Spend £50 on selected Toys and get £10 off. Spend £100 on selected Toys and get £20 off. The discount is applied at basket. 

Includes new SW with 75105 at £99.97, stacks with up to 30% off Superheroes, e.g Jokerland at £59.97, Hulkbuster 3 for £56

Edited by feed
  • Like 2