eBay.ca - Help with Shipping, Listing, Fees etc.

Brasidassp

hmm.,.. if you purchased something from east sellers, ontario to atlantic, those are at 13% to 15% taxes, and from west only at 5%. so there is a 10% difference.

Those are taxes on Ebay fees, not on the selling price. So yes, it's 1-2$ per 100$.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone able to quickly confirm that this feature is only available to Store Owners? 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lego-Minifigure-Figurine-71012-Disney-Series-Choose-Minifig-NEW-/282033783268?var=&hash=item41aa8601e4:m:m_ltKi9L3YPwrZRznbTVs9A

I'd like to do something similar for a 7785 Arkham listing. I have the 100% set, but I'm missing Nightwing, Scarecrow and Batman. Decided to split the figures off, but I'd like to put them all in one listing with the drop-menu option to add multiples to a cart. Am I just not looking in the right spot, or is this a feature given only to store owners? 

• 6 months later...
I am trying to send a polybag through lettermail but the stupid bag has lots of air inside it and I can't make it go under 2 cm. Any advice?

Poke a small hole in it with a needle....

I don’t do lettermail through Ebay anymore. Not worth the risk of non delivery and unsuing negative feedback. Also, buyer can claim he never got it when he did and ask for another...

I am trying to send a polybag through lettermail but the stupid bag has lots of air inside it and I can't make it go under 2 cm. Any advice?

IMO You should not puncture a customers polybag.

You can send it lettermail, but it’s technically against the rules because it’s not a letter... they won’t always accept it at the post office.

13 hours ago, gregpj said:

You can send it lettermail, but it’s technically against the rules because it’s not a letter... they won’t always accept it at the post office.

Unless it's changed recently, within Canada you can still send oversized lettermail, only internationally it's no longer accepted.  only the media mail options (if you can still find em) require it be non-commercially valued printed documents.

17 hours ago, CLMF said:

if you want to take the risk (I wouldn't recommend it unless it's already really really close), set the polybag in the freezer for a time & the air/bag will compress from the cold... maybe long enough to have it put into the system.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Unless it's changed recently, within Canada you can still send oversized lettermail, only internationally it's no longer accepted.  only the media mail options (if you can still find em) require it be non-commercially valued printed documents.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGletterml-e.asp#1392028

I should have been more clear about "not a letter."  The OP said lettermail ... I don't personally know of any polybags that fit standard lettermail. 0.2 inches / 5 mm is pretty slim.

Even oversize letter mail has a restriction of 1.8cm thick... by the time you put your polybag in a padded envelope (people are using padded envelopes right?), there are plenty that will not fit through their measuring tool without jamming it through.  You have to be very careful.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGletterml-e.asp#1392028
I should have been more clear about "not a letter."  The OP said lettermail ... I don't personally know of any polybags that fit standard lettermail. 0.2 inches / 5 mm is pretty slim.
Even oversize letter mail has a restriction of 1.8cm thick... by the time you put your polybag in a padded envelope (people are using padded envelopes right?), there are plenty that will not fit through their measuring tool without jamming it through.  You have to be very careful.

I meant oversize. I'll try today and see what happens.

Sent from my Advance 5.0 HD using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1

Any advice on when to end auctions? Have any of you noticed a winning formula in terms of how many days and when an auction ends? I try to end mine on Sunday afternoons usually but I haven’t actually compared it to any other times.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

End them when people internationally are sleeping, you have a better chance of getting American or Canadian buyers.

Sent from my Advance 5.0 HD using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

11 hours ago, WannabePlatypus said:

Any advice on when to end auctions? Have any of you noticed a winning formula in terms of how many days and when an auction ends? I try to end mine on Sunday afternoons usually but I haven’t actually compared it to any other times.

Gee, folks still do auctions?  Back in the days before ebay became soo passé and was still a legitimate thing, most auctions would be set to end Sunday at about 10pm Pacific time as Calif & BC were always the largest group of buyers so catching the bulk of them before their bedtime was the prime time. but with the overwhelming popularity of auto-bidders that kinda fell off being a necessity. 

Edited by Thumper

2 hours ago, CLMF said:

End them when people internationally are sleeping, you have a better chance of getting American or Canadian buyers.

I don't ship overseas so I have a pretty good chance of getting American or Canadian buyers. It's just way too expensive to ship anything of value...

11 hours ago, WannabePlatypus said:

This is a long ago discussion on Brickpicker ... I am having trouble remembering all of the opinions, but they were varied. It was everything from early evening Sunday to during the week. Seven day auctions for normal items, shorter for hot items you want people to bid using their emotions rather than their brains. 

Personally, I rarely sell on ebay now - have transitioned to Bricklink and its so much more civilized - but the general consensus is also only auction hot items, use BIN for everything else. 

I never run auctions, too much risk of taking a loss. What’s the rush? I’ve had BiN listings sit for 8 or 9 months, then someone comes along and grabs it. Some sets are too niche and just need the right buyer to see the listing.

As for the oversized letter mail, I use it often enough for small polys or parted out figs, always successfully within Canada.

I simply glued two pieces of double wide cardboard, very carefully measured a 17mm slot and cut it out, and use that as my guide before sealing the bubblemailer. By making my guide a teensy bit smaller than CP’s, it’s always guaranteed to slide through without any resistance when they check it. Never failed me yet... :)

1 hour ago, Zelgazra said:

I simply glued two pieces of double wide cardboard, very carefully measured a 17mm slot and cut it out, and use that as my guide before sealing the bubblemailer. By making my guide a teensy bit smaller than CP’s, it’s always guaranteed to slide through without any resistance when they check it. Never failed me yet... :)

You can also get the same plexi version they use from the post office (or outlet) and EST-online (formerly "Solutions for Small Business", formerly "venture1")  for $9.20, or every couple of years when they change the printing they may give you theirs for free if you have a friendly clerk. (the template pays for itself in avoiding mistakes pretty quickly)

https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/commercial-supplies/labels-stickers-pouches-and-more/p-540008029.jsf?execution=e1s1

Mmm yea meant to mention that. I hate CP with a passion though, so I avoid giving them any more money than I’m extortionately forced to.

I’m still waiting to hear back from them about a missing Indominous Rex set I posted in late November. Opened an investigation after the buyer notified me 5 days before Christmas....needless to say, but eBay votes in the buyer’s favour and I’ve been out the $288 ever since. CP hasn’t responded with their investigation results yet, 3 months later. I’ve tried contacting a supervisor or manager 4 times now, spent a cumulative 5 hours on hold so far..... livid to put it nicely. They can take the $9.20 fee and shove it, my cardboard works great.

I guess i should clarify i dont actually use ebay.ca i sell on ebay.com. and most of my stuff is all Just partial sets, mini-figures etc etc that i get from sorting out tons of bulk stuff that i randomly get.  I HATE Canada post, anything shipping in canada i charge alot, so i hope Canadians dont buy, i live 3 minute drive from Sumas WA. so i just walk across the border and ship with USPS.   

Ahh, interesting....lucky too! I’m curious, but could you ship to eastern Canada cheaper shipping USPS out of WA than with CP from BC??

As far as I’m aware, as long as your listings include both destination countries, I don’t believe it matters whether you’ve listed on .com or .ca, same viewership from my understanding.

Ahh, interesting....lucky too! I’m curious, but could you ship to eastern Canada cheaper shipping USPS out of WA than with CP from BC??

Probably but I’d be ticked as a buyer if I had to pay import taxes because a seller did that. I don’t think it would be worth it.

As for the listings, yes eBay will decide which countries your ad appears based on who you ship to... but if you setup your account right and choose the right options your listing would only appear on .com.

I’m surprised the border agents allow it TBH. They must like him because they can be real doinks.