Friends - Report card base on ROI

tacsniper

I recently bought 10 copies of Olivia's House for $49 each with it drying up from retail stores. This is my first major set from the Friends line up to flip. How has the Friends theme been treating you guys? Are you reselling as a set or mostly parting it out? Are we seeing any significant returns on retired sets yet? If so, which ones are they? Which ones are sleeper that we should keep an eye on?

Thanks for sharing!

I have a few friends sets and I'm regretting it.  They are doing nothing.  I have higher hopes for the Dolphin Cruiser and Sunshine Ranch but even those I'm not sold on.  Take the Pet Salon for example...it's been retired for several months and you can still get on ebay for $30 including free shipping which means it's done absolutely nothing.  One of the major problems are fakes and knockoffs from China on this line.  They aren't just knocking off the figures, but full Friends sets.  I'm done investing in Friends, luckily only have a few to get rid of down the road. 

I do however love the sets for building.  I've gotten my niece many sets for her bday and xmas and she has quite the little town going.  She loves them.  Very colorful and fun line.  

Edited by DenJ91

Yeah I agree my daughter loves them but they are a slow mover.  Even so most of the time she prefers the minifigs from other sets over the minidolls.  I have had a decent return selling them on fb sale pages and some on CL.  My margin is so low on these that selling them on ebay doesnt make much sense or money.

They do really well for parts packs, much better than as sets, but there's allot of chaff that's going to sit in the bottom shelf parts bins for quite awhile.  I had expected the minidolls themselves to do better than they seem too but unfortunately they suffer from the 25 cent fake ones available everywhere. So far Elves is doing really well & may lend a hand to the minidolls in time. 

I don't hold Friends sets, mostly QFLL them when we were able to get them at %70 off here in Canada at Target. With Target gone i probably won't be buying this line unless i see something really cheap.

​Funny thing with Target out of the picture everyone seems to have been bracing for a significant reduction in sale events everywhere else due to the declining competition - seems, at least in our local retail marketplace, just the opposite is actually happening - sales are everywhere even beyond the summer product dumps of previous years.   maybe it's the dollar, maybe 'cause no one is travelling south or the south is visiting the north for a change, maybe they are making room for the newer sets at the newer standard higher price points but it's been difficult to stay "just slightly over" the inventory budget these days.

• Like 1