76039 - Ant-Man Final Battle

TheOrcKing

Last civil war set just been revealed and it doesn't include Ant Man. I'm glad I stocked up on this. Seen the prices slowly climbing since the film was released. Now this should hopefully move steadily upwards as we approach Xmas. Looking to hopefully sell these close to £50 with a £10 buy in.

http://www.bricktoynews.com/lego-civil-war-spider-man-set-revealed-lego-76067-photos/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone speculating that the Airport Battle set will take off in a similar manner, or is this spike reflective of purely perfect timing for Ant Man Battle's retirement? A year+ down the road when Airport Battle disappears, will the interest still be there? Is there an Ant Man 2 in the works?  

5 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Anyone speculating that the Airport Battle set will take off in a similar manner, or is this spike reflective of purely perfect timing for Ant Man Battle's retirement? A year+ down the road when Airport Battle disappears, will the interest still be there? Is there an Ant Man 2 in the works?  

yes there is, ant-man and the wasp

2 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

I think the FInal Battle was a perfect storm of events that are unlikely to be repeated with Airport Battle. There were early production issues with ANt-Man that made it hard to find in the beginning. It had a limited 6 month life span. The collectors were looking at bigger sets and only scrambled to get this one after it was gone because honestly, not a lot of fans would choose Ant-Man as a favorite character.

I actually think that the big aftermarket on this and the excitement over airport battle are going to stimulate them to overproduce sets for Ant-Man 2 causing a partial crash on this set. I look forward to getting a Wasp though. To me, it's just not the Avengers without her.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I think the FInal Battle was a perfect storm of events that are unlikely to be repeated with Airport Battle. There were early production issues with ANt-Man that made it hard to find in the beginning. It had a limited 6 month life span. The collectors were looking at bigger sets and only scrambled to get this one after it was gone because honestly, not a lot of fans would choose Ant-Man as a favorite character.

I actually think that the big aftermarket on this and the excitement over airport battle are going to stimulate them to overproduce sets for Ant-Man 2 causing a partial crash on this set. I look forward to getting a Wasp though. To me, it's just not the Avengers without her.

Yeah, well, the a-hole who listed 380x 76039 on Amazon and lowballing must have thought they were onto something.

• 5 months later...

Well the next Ant-Man film isn't released until July 2018 and I'd be very surprised if Lego released another set featuring ant-man prior to 2018.

I think the price might stagnate a bit over xmas as most people will be trying to cash in.

Probably around SDCC next year when new trailer is released and hype starts to build will be a good time.

• Like 1

Paid 62 on eBay for this last week. NIB. I'm far from an expert but if I had some and they were going for 3-4 times RRP I would unload by end of year. From what I've seen my almost year of doing this is there is a remake of a remake around every corner. Use 10188 as an example, was best to unload little after retirement (short lived as it was) everyone has their own style I suppose but making 300% (maybe even higher depending on buy in) should be good enough. That's my macro view at least lol.

As far as ant man is concerned I personally don't think we see a new minifig till 2018 so the ceiling on this set (in my opinion) is going to be 75-100. It's not like the chopper takedown which we know Lego will not make a new dead pool minifig.

I got rid of all but one of mine at an average of £40 with an ave buy in of £15 with the TRU coupons earlier in the year. Prices have stagnated since they went up to £40 and could be a while before it hits £50, if at all, since remake of ant man mini figure is a given due to new film.

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It´s a mystery to me how there can be so many lowballers with such a rare set. Do people really all have 99 of everything?

Every set is quietly stock piled nowadays. Even the very "rare" sets from the 2015 / 2016 retirees have at least 15-20 listings on eBay UK.