75104 - Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle

mmatthie

They botched much more than just the wings sir!

Yeah, the interior could have been bigger. It's hard to fit all the included minifigs in it. Regardless, blame the TFA concept art given to Lego. Lego rarely screws up color and major features on IP stuff. In some of the earlier artwork, the ship's color was hard to make out and appeared gray.

Lego did have 1 minor error in the manual. They listed two bags #6 to build the upper wings. There is only 1 bag with #6 on it.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, LEGONINJAH said:

Very good job sandwraith...

how much to you think it costs to brick out this mod?

using what you can from the box?

thanks.

I used many of my own pieces, so it's hard to put a price on the mod... but i'd say you need to buy around %75 of the parts. The other %25 would be pieces unseen in their original colour. Pretty much most of it needs to be replaced ><

However i did want the figures, so i decided to just buy it - build it how it should have been - inventory what was needed - and then just take it apart 1 brick at a time while replacing it with a black one.

• 3 weeks later...

I am seeing some of these for 50% off at local WMs...Do you think pretty much any SW Legos at 50% off are worth buying?  There seem to be this one, Anakin's Starfighter, Imperial Assault Carriers, IS Tydiriums (which I have bought bc I like the old ships), an FO Snowspeeders around at discount.  Bought a few to build with my son, but I was thinking about buying getting a few more given the discount.  Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, uaford said:

I am seeing some of these for 50% off at local WMs...Do you think pretty much any SW Legos at 50% off are worth buying?  There seem to be this one, Anakin's Starfighter, Imperial Assault Carriers, IS Tydiriums (which I have bought bc I like the old ships), an FO Snowspeeders around at discount.  Bought a few to build with my son, but I was thinking about buying getting a few more given the discount.  Thoughts?

You won't do any better than 50% off really.  A few people might, but not many.  You will make money at that buy-in price.  ...and you suck for finding these at 50% off.  :P

• Like 6

I would buy everything they have at that price, except for prequel sets. Well, maybe I would get those, too.

I did not see that one at 50% off, thankfully. Not the greatest, but even then if you got it at $10 you still aren't losing anything on it. SW at 50% off is about the safest bet you can get.

3 hours ago, exciter1 said:

You won't do any better than 50% off really.  A few people might, but not many.  You will make money at that buy-in price.  ...and you suck for finding these at 50% off.  :P

Did I just see @exciter1 complain about somebody else getting a 50% off :girlwacko:... Mind officially blown.

Need I remind you I can drive 7 miles and take a pic of a 60080 Spaceport ringing up $129.98 ($10 above RRP) + 9% tax .... only about 130x what some others got it for :lol:

I guess big sets are worth it at 50% off since the fees/shipping are proportionally lower - just have to pack well.  The box for the Kylo shuttle is pretty big.

Only 50% SW sets I have seen in SoCal on the shelf have been pilfered IACs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, colossus said:

Did I just see @exciter1 complain about somebody else getting a 50% off :girlwacko:... Mind officially blown.

Need I remind you I can drive 7 miles and take a pic of a 60080 Spaceport ringing up $129.98 ($10 above RRP) + 9% tax .... only about 130x what some others got it for :lol:

I guess big sets are worth it at 50% off since the fees/shipping are proportionally lower - just have to pack well.  The box for the Kylo shuttle is pretty big.

Only 50% SW sets I have seen in SoCal on the shelf have been pilfered IACs.

I had my tongue out when I said it... :P

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:28 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

So, how many of these did you get?

None. So what I said still stands. It has never failed ME

And I just looked them up. If you bought 7930 at 50% off or $25 and sold it now on Amazon for $70 plus shipping, how is that not making money?

If you bought 7962 at 50% off or $45 and sold it now on Amazon for $130 plus shipping, how is that not making money?

You have to do better than that, you could have at least tried throwing the SW Planets line at me.