75919 - Indominus Rex Breakout

Grolim

So are people buying these at retail? I just found two at a Walmart but passed, still feel like they will come back in force with another run, or I could get them cheaper through TRUTH.

I agree 100%. TRUTH is probably the best bet currently & I don't think this is done...

Two Walmarts around here completely removed the shelf space for all Jurassic sets and replaced it with current stock of city sets and a Target did the same thing.  Spoke with a sales person at the Target and she mentioned that there's nothing in pending shipments.  Crazy. 

Two Walmarts around here completely removed the shelf space for all Jurassic sets and replaced it with current stock of city sets and a Target did the same thing.  Spoke with a sales person at the Target and she mentioned that there's nothing in pending shipments.  Crazy. 

They are toast in the Seattle area for sure. 

Anyone smell a TRU exclusive?

I would if it wasn't for the license. Aren't most TRU exclusives Lego originals? (Castle, Galaxy Squad) I don't really know. 

What happens if Walmart simply makes more room for them when they get more in? Mind Blown! These planograms aren't set in stone.

I wouldn't expect that in a WM though. This movie is old news in the world of retail real estate. 

I wouldn't expect that in a WM though. This movie is old news in the world of retail real estate. 

Until they start pushing that DVD/Bluray and another wave of merch to go along with it....

I don't really know what's going on with JW or any Lego line for that matter, but it's obvious part of Lego's strategy is collectability (which Google spell check tells me isn't a word, even with an "i"). I doubt there's a full "flood brick and motar stores" push to coincide with the DVD release though, because that's just not Lego's style. Part of what has made Lego cool and the top of the toy heap is that they don't cater to the masses... much. Besides, when that DVD pops, stores will be in full Holiday/Star Wars mode. Time will tell of course. I'm not on their marketing team. 

We all try to read the tea leaves, but they're just that--tea leaves. Lego may have misfired with its prediction of JW popularity. That's all. They seem to have gotten the Ideas BBT set right this time. It still has yet to sell out after the runs on other Ideas sets last year.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't buy the "it's going to be full force when the dvd comes out" either.  They didn't do any sort of push for other dvd releases of other similar lines.  At best, they might release a very small release dvd with an exclusive minifig included, but that would be the extent of it, usually.  

Plus, just because a few targets might have moved their shelfs around but left the stickers on the shelves doesn't mean much either.  They may have them on order, and have had them on order for months expecting  them in.  But that doesn't mean it's going to happen.  Plus, why are all the sets running out at lego.com.  Makes little sense.  I can't recall that happening before, other than for perhaps the first two weeks when a line is released.

Perhaps Lego is following their original production schedule and finally getting sets out to stores for the fall and holiday season.  It may be that simple.  raven posted about a complete restock of JW sets to Lego stores yesterday and some were reporting sets with recent seal codes. 

The best guess of timeline for the JW line is Hobbit, although that line was much less popular it seems.  IIRC the Hobbit BOFA line (notably Lost Mountain) mostly went OOS around the holidays last year and everyone was speculating that the line might retire after several months.  Well, that didn't happen in the US (yet), but in Europe the Hobbit line was discounted recently and is now sold out less than a year after being released.  It's plausible that JW would face a similar production schedule and be gone within a year of release.  Though, the popularity of these sets may coerce Lego to producing more.

Lego shop at home is continuously OOS of the more popular sets because they're hard to find for general consumers and opportunistic resellers have identified an opportunity to make some money off these sets.

Shelf space is limited and valuable in stores.  Why keep the tags up and space clear for such a long time if its not coming back is my question?  It takes 4 seconds to remove or place a tag on the shelf.  Put something else there until JW comes back and if it doesnt come back, well something else takes its spot.  Leaving the tags up and shelf space empty for a very long time if its not coming back makes zero sense to me.  Is there a reasonsble explanation i am missing for keeping tags up and space empty if its not coming back.  Maybe target is leaving the tags up to rub it in collectors and resellers faces who missed out i guess.