75919 - Indominus Rex Breakout

Grolim

They are extinct. If you sell on Amazon the buy box price is $250. Just sold one with 99$ buy in. Thats $100 profit. That trumps most every set not retired but it is considered a quick flip which is illegal and frowned upon and will be "restocked". Lol $$$$

I've been checking a few times a day on amazon and ebay, and noticed 2 days ago, Trex had about 28 to 30 sellers here in the States on Amazon.  It's dropped to 16 sellers, and price has gone up about 25.00...  It will be interesting to see what happens here.  If this drops further in sellers, i expect it to hit 2x by weeks end if there is no substantial restock.  Who would have guessed, this line would be nearing that this soon.. IR has been similar.. had over 35 sellers at one point, now down to 19, but the price hasn't changed too much.  Unless they lucked into the 2 that were at 99.00 at walmart, they are making about 20.00 on that set.. . Honestly, if there is no major restock, this set goes for 500 in 2018 when the second film comes out.  Raptor Escape has seen a healthy rise in seller numbers this week and went from the mid 20s into the mid and upper 40s but the seller count is dropping, and the prices are now over 2x.

I've notice that the dino line has seen a healthy boost in sales too ever since JW came out.  There were a lot of trepidations about the dino line tanking once these sets came out, but the opposite seems to have occurred.  Those sets are going to show a rise in value, next brickfolio update.  I think those that are still sitting on a stock of these, should consider selling them now..or maybe not.  They may still grow. 

This is definitely the most fun i've had investing.  Its a wild unpredictable ride, but beats anything that has happened in most other lines this year.

IR has been similar.. had over 35 sellers at one point, now down to 19, but the price hasn't changed too much.  Unless they lucked into the 2 that were at 99.00 at walmart, they are making about 20.00 on that set.. . 

This is definitely the most fun i've had investing.  Its a wild unpredictable ride, but beats anything that has happened in most other lines this year.

My buy in is $96 USD. Still have the option to get more. I've been trying to push the price up to $190... whenever the lowest price is at $185ish, I will list mine at $190. Then 5 new sellers with quantity of 1-2 each will list theirs at $175!! I will sell another two or so at $188, then bump it up a bit until it reaches FBA level.

As for RE sellers increased, that was due to Lego posted limited amount on its store again. Loved the panic to see the # of sellers went up double. Now lets hope RE reach the $100 mark and IR reach $225 by end of next week.

Yes I agree, this is pretty fun!

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1

Yes, do tell us...

Blame Canada!!!

Now i'll have that song in my head all day!

Lots of online retailers up here still have ample stock of everything (minus RE), i'm guessing this is where he will get them. Londondrugs currently has it at %20 off too and hasn't sold out in a few days.

Too much if a risk?? $84 but clearly a returned box taped shut if you can't see it the picture. Hard to put down though, first one I've seen in my area in a while. I can still go back though so lmk what you think. 

I already SOMEHOW found this same set at another WM for $40 just before the movie came out, definitely a return but 100% complete when I got it home to check it.

0728152208.jpg

Too much if a risk?? $84 but clearly a returned box taped shut if you can't see it the picture. Hard to put down though, first one I've seen in my area in a while. I can still go back though so lmk what you think. 

I already SOMEHOW found this same set at another WM for $40 just before the movie came out, definitely a return but 100% complete when I got it home to check it.

Couldn't you ask at customer service to have them open and check the contents?

Prices are either dropping quickly or a bunch or new low entry point sellers on Amazon now. Yesterday, the cheapest IR set was listed at ~ $190 with $14 shipping. This morning there are 6 x sellers at $194 + $7.50 shipping and 1 at $204 + free ship. Judging by the increased number of listings, I'm thinking these are new sellers rushing to undercut each other. Also, all 4 main sets are back to 9/10 AUG ship date from LEGO Shop at Home.

Prices are either dropping quickly or a bunch or new low entry point sellers on Amazon now. Yesterday, the cheapest IR set was listed at ~ $190 with $14 shipping. This morning there are 6 x sellers at $194 + $7.50 shipping and 1 at $204 + free ship. Judging by the increased number of listings, I'm thinking these are new sellers rushing to undercut each other. Also, all 4 main sets are back to 9/10 AUG ship date from LEGO Shop at Home.

I think that's the main reason prices have dropped is that lego is showing a release date in the near future, so it's a current race to the bottom until it hits RRP.  For how long, and how much new stock is the unknown, but they'll probably be around the lego stores, lego shops, and trickle in and out of retailers through the digital release of the film, i'd suspect. 

I've already boxed up and sealed a majority of the extras I bought and placed them deep in my closet to let them sit for a few years.   Simply, time to move on to scooby and episode 7 and forget about it.  I'm convinced, while these could be very popular over christmas, that battling with the undercutters all looking to score 15.00 on a set isn't worth the hassle, as they will be worth a lot more in the future once these retire, which i'd suspect will have about a year run and by next year will be gone.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 4

I think that's the main reason prices have dropped is that lego is showing a release date in the near future, so it's a current race to the bottom until it hits RRP.  For how long, and how much new stock is the unknown, but they'll probably be around the lego stores, lego shops, and trickle in and out of retailers through the digital release of the film, i'd suspect. 

I've already boxed up and sealed a majority of the extras I bought and placed them deep in my closet to let them sit for a few years.   Simply, time to move on to scooby and episode 7 and forget about it.  I'm convinced, while these could be very popular over christmas, that battling with the undercutters all looking to score 15.00 on a set isn't worth the hassle, as they will be worth a lot more in the future once these retire, which i'd suspect will have about a year run and by next year will be gone.

That's how I play the game. Too much worth for small margin for me right now. 

Edited by biking_tiger
  • Like 2

I think it all depends on your buy-in price.  Some were able to get these on clearance at Walmart for $99 and I bought mine at B&N with my membership discount and Raise gift cards.  At current Amazon prices I would still net $40-45 profit on each set.  Pretty good for a quick flip.

I bought quite a few at B&N and BAM doing the same thing.  That was the best place to land them, IMO.  That's how I got most of my trex's, rr's and 2 IRs.  Still, I don't think B&N will have them again, so now it's fighting with no discounts, but VIP points at lego.com more than likely.  It's all good. 

I just sold 2 this morning for $193 on Amazon.  I should net $48 each after fees and shipping.  One of them is going to Hawaii which stung a little (ugh!).  I think buying again at a discount will work just fine so long as TRU stores get restocked.  The August 20% coupon combined with TRUth and discounted gift cards can net this for under $100.  

Am I missing something on Amazon? I'm not seeing any available at RRP of $129 with a ship date in August...

well...it was there. but I'm not seeing it anymore either. buy! buy! buy! or wait, sell! sell! sell! so interested to see how this shakes out in the coming weeks. I've mentioned this before but my local TRU has completely replaced to JW shelf space, so I'll be surprised to see it there again.