75917 - Raptor Rampage

Grolim

• 3 weeks later...

What's everyone's view on the ceiling for this set in UK, Max of 2 to 2.5 x RRP after 1-2 years?

RE has sort of plateued at 4 x RRP. I obviously dont expect RR to perform the same as RE as it didn't have the short production run, but RE is the closest set to compare it too.

I personally feel like IRB can hit 2.5 to 3 x RRP after 2 years. 

• Like 1

On 30/12/2016 at 9:24 PM, Slatesbin said:

How I wish I'd spent my Sand Crawler money on JW sets instead.

12 minutes ago, Slatesbin said:

Could of got this set from Smyths (Derby) today,decided against buying at rrp.What would you guys have done,snapped it up or left it alone.

Would also be interested to hear what sort of after retirement prices you think this particular set could reach.

Rare to get second chances in this game. Rarer still not to take them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Slatesbin said:

Could of got this set from Smyths (Derby) today,decided against buying at rrp.What would you guys have done,snapped it up or left it alone.

Would also be interested to hear what sort of after retirement prices you think this particular set could reach.

There is atleast 17 Raptor Rampage at my local store for 3 weeks now and counting, not even one touched...so don't feel bad about skipping out. But if there is a blowout sale, I am grabbing all of them in a heartbeat

18 minutes ago, Leopard said:

There is atleast 17 Raptor Rampage at my local store for 3 weeks now and counting, not even one touched...so don't feel bad about skipping out. But if there is a blowout sale, I am grabbing all of them in a heartbeat

Different markets. In many European countries, JW are gold dust and prices are ticking up dramatically. One of the few lines I´d pick up at RRP and that´s ME talking!

Based on the post retirement demand and initial increase I would have been all over these like a tramp on chips! It always pains me to pay RRP especially when you know you could have picked them up heavily reduced earlier on in the year, but as Val states, it's rare to get a second chance on a set that has instantly done so well. Even a small amount of profit if flipped is better than a kick in the teeth, but personally I would tuck them away until next year and pray we don't see a revamp before the next movie release.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slatesbin said:

Cheers for all your thoughts.

Usually i wouldn't buy anything at RRP, but if i see any JW, LaFerrari or Trevi Fountain I would snap at the chance looking at the demand in the UK, especially as the potential gems that could retire in 2017 can be counted on 1 hand.

3 minutes ago, John82 said:

Usually i wouldn't buy anything at RRP, but if i see any JW, LaFerrari or Trevi Fountain I would snap at the chance looking at the demand in the UK, especially as the potential gems that could retire in 2017 can be counted on 1 hand.

scooby doo is not far of being added to this list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Did you arrive already or is that from previous recon?

No i was only jesting, i only would have had 15 minutes spare time until the store closes, which most likely would have been taken up by traffic.

Probably be a big queue tomorrow morning.

Edited by John82

12 minutes ago, John82 said:

No i was only jesting, i only would have had 15 minutes spare time until the store closes, which most likely would have been taken up by traffic.

Probably be a big queue tomorrow morning.

Why don't you do click and collect, pay online and pickup tomorrow?

1 minute ago, Mhd747 said:

Why don't you do click and collect, pay online and pickup tomorrow?

That is what i tried to do straight away but it has been deleted from the website.

A few stores still have Dilophosaurus Ambush in stock by the looks of it.

Just now, John82 said:

That is what i tried to do straight away but it has been deleted from the website.

A few stores still have Dilophosaurus Ambush in stock by the looks of it.

Give them a call and ask them to reserve it for you, I've done that in past, they usually can hold a regular non exclusive item for you for one day until close of business