10697 - XXXL Large Creative Box

​No, I am talking about LEGO Giant Creative Tower 1,600 pieces with storage box 10664.

I believe walmart's price started to $30, then $35, then $40, then $50...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Giant-Creative-Tower-1-600-pieces-with-storage-box/39665299

• 4 months later...

I'm seeing these starting to show up on Amazon USA... where I they getting them from?

It's available outside North America at shop at home.  I'm guessing friends/associates in europe shipping to USA.

It would be very nice if history were to repeat itself and walmart sells this as a $30 BF special.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

So, I went deep on these this morning (assuming they all ship)... deep for me anyway... (tho certainly not BTP numbers :)). This may be my only significant purchase until January clearance season.

Two years in a row, Walmart Towers were the one thing I regretted not buying more of when I had the chance.  Of course, things could be different this year... Walmart (or re-sellers) could somehow have an endless supply at $40 each... other Classic boxes could move in to compete... parents could just "say no" to Lego forever...?  After this year, nothing surprises me anymore.  But mark my words: If I regret buying these 10697's, I will swear off Lego speculation forever. I'll be done. If we can't trust in the giant box of bricks at 2 cents each, what can we trust in?

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

So, I went deep on these this morning (assuming they all ship)... deep for me anyway... (tho certainly not BTP numbers :)). This may be my only significant purchase until January clearance season.

Two years in a row, Walmart Towers were the one thing I regretted not buying more of when I had the chance.  Of course, things could be different this year... Walmart (or re-sellers) could somehow have an endless supply at $40 each... other Classic boxes could move in to compete... parents could just "say no" to Lego forever...?  After this year, nothing surprises me anymore.  But mark my words: If I regret buying these 10697's, I will swear off Lego speculation forever. I'll be done. If we can't trust in the giant box of bricks at 2 cents each, what can we trust in?

me too - it was just too easy to hit that place order but and do instore tax free pickup in NH. powder is largely gone. hopefully they ship in the original cartons for very easy flipping.  these have been easy money now for 2 years in a row.  this year will be no different.  there is a niche group of parents who love these giant brick buckets.

10 minutes ago, cladner said:

me too - it was just too easy to hit that place order but and do instore tax free pickup in NH. powder is largely gone. hopefully they ship in the original cartons for very easy flipping.  these have been easy money now for 2 years in a row.  this year will be no different.  there is a niche group of parents who love these giant brick buckets.

what time did these go live? OOS for now. a lot of my purchases were from schools and libraries as well as individuals

20 minutes ago, jerryherb said:

what time did these go live? OOS for now. a lot of my purchases were from schools and libraries as well as individuals

there was some after i went to sleep around midnight eastern and then a long wave around 7 -730.   it was limit 2 per order.  there was enough time to buy 100. these will very like be back again today multiple times and then on cybermonday they will be available probably for $27 just like last year.  i was already logged into my walmart.com account and had the page opened on my desktop .  somehow it updated itself automatically when they came back in stock and i lucked out noticing it but then it lingered and lingered long after i was at my wife-imposed limit of 30. i did 15 site-to-store orders 2 each.  the nearest walmart happens to be just across the border in New Hampshire where there is no sales tax.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1