75096 - Sith Infiltrator

jaisonline

Well, I have one left. What to do... Sell, or wait to see pics of the new one? I'm really just talking to myself here.

Regardless, sell unless you like the set. It's had enough time to apprciate. Not sure it will go much higher despite being a cool set. No idea why they are refreshing it again. If any prequel set should be refreshed, it's Jango's Slave 1 or a Vader's Transformation.

• Like 1

Another Episode I refresh?  I guess I may buy this for my personal collection because I don't have one of the previous versions yet, but it's hardly an essential vehicle with all other larger sets coming out.

Does anyone think these sets actually sell well enough to reproduce, especially retailer exclusives?  The TRU MTT that was released last year can't possibly be a good seller at $90.

Or, is Lego just repurposing old parts in a slightly new design with minimal effort and hoping to make some more money?

• Like 1

Regardless, sell unless you like the set. It's had enough time to apprciate. Not sure it will go much higher despite being a cool set. No idea why they are refreshing it again. If any prequel set should be refreshed, it's Jango's Slave 1 or a Vader's Transformation.

The next UCS:

LEGO-Trade-Federation-Ship.jpg

• Like 2

A new, "deluxe" Vader's transformation set would be nice.  Complete with a power button that enables vocalization of Vader that says "Nnnnooooooooooo!"

But, both of those sets would be better than another Naboo fighter or Sith Infiltrator or MTT IMO.

A new, "deluxe" Vader's transformation set would be nice.  Complete with a power button that enables vocalization of Vader that says "Nnnnooooooooooo!"

But, both of those sets would be better than another Naboo fighter or Sith Infiltrator or MTT IMO.

New sound brick!  I love that idea!

Yes. This one was announced a little while back. I don't think we've seen pics though

Dang Lego...this is the only way to get the Sabine character with her signature helmet.

I'm going to guess this ship could have good part out value and will be popular out the gate because of Sabine.

Funny that the pic on the front covers one of the minifigures.

Funny that the pic on the front covers one of the minifigures.

That's a picture of the actual build in front of the box. Its an illusion.

What he said. The shot is from the last Toy Fair which had the model on display in front of the box. A closer inspection reads the minifigure covered is just another TIE Pilot anyway so not missing much.

Picture of the nose of the new Sith Infiltrator and minifigures included. Strange to include Anakin when we're getting him in the new Naboo Starfighter. Would have prefered a new Padme or just a reissue of the 2011 variant.

The inclusion of Watto seems like an odd choice.

You mean weird like Queen Amidala with a Gungan Sub? Or Ceremony Princess Leia with a Y-Wing Fighter? Lego just jams them in where they can to add to the exclusivity of the set. I think they're currently trying to get as many of the Episode I characters done with the newer details before Clone Wars and Prequels are forgotten due to the new movie. 

You mean weird like Queen Amidala with a Gungan Sub? Or Ceremony Princess Leia with a Y-Wing Fighter? Lego just jams them in where they can to add to the exclusivity of the set. I think they're currently trying to get as many of the Episode I characters done with the newer details before Clone Wars and Prequels are forgotten due to the new movie.

I thought Queen Amidala was an odd choice with the sub as well until I noticed that in the Phantom Menace after they are getting chased by whatever sea creature, they immediately cut to a scene where she is wearing the red outfit and staring out the window of the Palace. The choice makes a little more sense after you notice that.

I thought Queen Amidala was an odd choice with the sub as well until I noticed that in the Phantom Menace after they are getting chased by whatever sea creature, they immediately cut to a scene where she is wearing the red outfit and staring out the window of the Palace. The choice makes a little more sense after you notice that.

That set along with Leia with the Y Wing and Solo wiith the A-Wing were reasons why people thought the latest Sandcralwer would include Aunt Beru.

Very odd throw-in figs indeed in most sets.

I appreciated Amidala being put in with the Gungan sub. They were on their way to rescue her in that thing. Where else would she appear? In an exciting desk action set? There were no action-y scenes with her in that outfit except when she gets rescued right after they double park the sub.

I appreciated Amidala being put in with the Gungan sub. They were on their way to rescue her in that thing. Where else would she appear? In an exciting desk action set? There were no action-y scenes with her in that outfit except when she gets rescued right after they double park the sub.

They could create a Naboo Royal Spaceship set complete with real and fake Amidala.  The fans have been asking for this set since what, the first LEGO SW set ? :D

• 2 months later...

Alright, at 660 pieces, this is a substantial amount of more pieces compared to the other sets.  The last one had around 450, so this sounds like it might be the best Sith Infiltrator yet.  I think this is one set that hasn't been done right, just yet.  I'm more interested in this set, now that a piece count was given.  

This year's other SW store exclusive the Droid Battle Carrier was also a very well thought out set, and felt like it was the best one made yet, so hopefully this one will be too.

• Like 1