75096 - Sith Infiltrator

jaisonline

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dang, I really like the ship, I've liked the last few sets, but how many variants do we need? It is not as iconic as the Falcon, Slave 1, or X-Wing. Because I am a sucker for Lego and Star Wars, I'll get a few but more for personal pleasure than for investing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I think it hasn't sold because people see it as overpriced because of the piece count.

I still think it has some positives as an investment. Iconic PT ship and figures, best Lego version of the ship, unlikely to be remade again now given all the new material, not widely available in shops. I picked up a few with reasonable discount a while back as a bit of a punt.

I personally like the ship as I loved darth maul however the Sith infiltrator is a dud. 

This set has been re-released 5 times and has not done well post EOL. 

7663 retired in 2008, RRP £25, selling at £45-50. Which is a pretty poor price considering it has been 8years.

7961 retired 2012, RRP £60, Selling at  £70-80.

The other big problem is that no one wants to buy the older sets or even the sith infiltrator in general, so even though you have low supply you have low demand.

33 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

I personally like the ship as I loved darth maul however the Sith infiltrator is a dud. 

This set has been re-released 5 times and has not done well post EOL. 

7663 retired in 2008, RRP £25, selling at £45-50. Which is a pretty poor price considering it has been 8years.

7961 retired 2012, RRP £60, Selling at  £70-80.

The other big problem is that no one wants to buy the older sets or even the sith infiltrator in general, so even though you have low supply you have low demand.

Yes but the reason the previous releases stayed low is because there was always a newer better release. When this retires can you really see Lego remaking it any time soon? 

OT ships are looking like they are going to get rehashed to death with the new films and Star Wars filler films.

The kids brought up on PT are getting to that age where lego rediscovery usually happens. 

It's a gamble sure but with the new films I have no confidence in buying the usual mf's and x wings to make money.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2015 at 6:16 PM, TheOrcKing said:

Here is a side-by-side comparsion by Jangbricks for all Sith Infiltrators.

It is a no brainer at $55, and a steal at $45 with last weeks discounted GCs!! Here is what Jang thinks compared to the other 3. Part value may SEEM high, but I assure you, it is not. Have a look at the parts cost for yourself! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...