SUPERHERO POLYBAGS

Blackjack

Everyone knows about the CC and Toy Fair exlusive Superhero polybags, but I think LEGO should start making $5 polybags for Superheroes like the LOTR ones at Toys R Us. Since there are hundreds of DC and Marvel superheroes, they could release ten or so every six months and then retire them and release new ones. This would make them pretty hard to find and collectible. They could release obscure characters not availible anyware else like Mole Man and Plastic Man as standard figs, and Ben Grim, and Big Birtha, built like the Cave Troll, Goblin King and Hulk! I think collectors would buy these things up instantly, and the fact that they are only available for a short time and at Toys R Us, would make the value of these things huge a few years later.

Everyone knows about the CC and Toy Fair exlusive Superhero polybags, but I think LEGO should start making $5 polybags for Superheroes like the LOTR ones at Toys R Us. Since there are hundreds of DC and Marvel superheroes, they could release ten or so every six months and then retire them and release new ones. This would make them pretty hard to find and collectible. They could release obscure characters not availible anyware else like Mole Man and Plastic Man as standard figs, and Ben Grim, and Big Birtha, built like the Cave Troll, Goblin King and Hulk! I think collectors would buy these things up instantly, and the fact that they are only available for a short time and at Toys R Us, would make the value of these things huge a few years later.

I agree, but a lot of these licensed/character based themes are based off of recent movies and cartoons. Most people don't know who Plastic Man is, so unless there is some new TV show or movie, they won't be great sellers. Collectors make up a small portion of all LEGO buyers.