Fairground Theme - general discussion

IMDeus

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will depend on the popularity of the Ferris wheel and Fairground Mixer.  Outward signs are they are being well received.

But yeah like bricketycricket said, the size would most likely be a lot smaller.  I'd see them going all brick as well so not the large tent material bits.  it would be crying out for power functions inclusion, but I guess they could do they same as they did with the Ferris wheel and have it compatible but not included.

Good question.  With the "success" of the mixer and Ferris wheel, I think another Carousal is def possible.  Like others stated, I doubt it will be to the scale of 10196 (which was kinda unpopular during it's retail life for various reasons).  If anything, a refresh would prob look like the one included in the winter village market set (but larger). 

Even if Lego released another one even w/o PF, I hope it contains a sound brick.

Sure, though if they did (which is certainly possible) it would possibly be a smaller version ($150-$200USD) that can fit in the same range as the Ferris Wheel and Mixer. That would make sense as opposed to releasing a larger version that is dis-proportional to the other two. Assuming of course they continue to expand on this Fairground theme, which would be awesome. Ideally many of use I`m sure would love to see Bumper Cars first, but that`s hoping. 

I'd love to see Lego continue this 'subtheme'.  How about they make the next train set a fairground roller-coaster?! 

As for current sets that fit the theme park idea, something that came to my mind was using the arcade and drink machines from the Kwik-E-Mart, or rebuilding them with differnt color combos, to create an arcade room.

71016 Kwik-E-Mart

• Like 4

I'm not going to go into all the different minifigs that would be appropriate, but I always thought Hot Dog Man would go great with the Hot Dog Stand.

71008-14.jpg?201412171130

Another possibility for a MOC, those little spheres that are in the Jurassic World sets

75916-1.jpg?201504221133

You could have four or five of them in a little "bumper car" type area.

Edited by Alpinemaps
  • Like 2

If you’re going city and want those little extras; there is the Service Truck (60073) for the portable toilet.  The Juniors Garbage Truck (10680) for the dumpster and maybe the Garbage Truck (30313) poly. 

There a few sets with slides, e.g. 41038: Jungle Rescue Base, 41008: Heartlake City Pool.  But you’d really need to MOC something.   

• Like 2

I think the coffee stand from the new City Square set could fit in nicely too.  It is easily modded into any kind of refreshment stand you might want.  And also the tram from the same set could be a cool addition for transporting people from the parking lot to the fairgrounds.

• Like 1

I can see down the road a more traditional merry-go-round being released but nothing like the Grand Carousel. I would say the styling of the Fairground Mixer and Ferris Wheel should be a good indicator of what it would look closer to assuming such a thing came to pass. We may see a 'teacups' type of ride before then perhaps.

• Like 1

If you’re going city and want those little extras; there is the Service Truck (60073) for the portable toilet.  The Juniors Garbage Truck (10680) for the dumpster and maybe the Garbage Truck (30313) poly. 

There a few sets with slides, e.g. 41038: Jungle Rescue Base, 41008: Heartlake City Pool.  But you’d really need to MOC something.   

​Now to find a Garbage Truck poly.  I like those ideas, though.  I really need to see if I can just find someone parting out the portable toilet and the dumpsters.

Every good fairgrounds has to have some sort of slide.  I looked over your suggestions, and they are good starts.  But I think you're right - something might have to be MOC'd.

​I really need to see if I can just find someone parting out the portable toilet and the dumpsters.

Anyone else find it funny with all the toilets & port-a-potties released lately in official LEGO sets? ....Seriously, what's with all the crappers? Oh sorry, I meant 'crapei'​.
6150797_std.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone else find it funny with all the toilets & port-a-potties released lately in official LEGO sets? ....Seriously, what's with all the crappers? Oh sorry, I meant 'crapei'​.

​Certainly hasn't escaped me! The outhouses and a parrot that poops... some sort of inside joke at LEGO me thinks!

Not to derail the potty theme going on here but I thought it interesting that at the local BM (that's brick and mortar) store, no FM on the shelf. First time since its release that I haven't seen it. Ok. back to toilet talk.

​That's very interesting and good news. My store has always had at least 10 on the shelves at any given time. It sounds like the Ferris Wheel is creating demand for the Mixer.