Ideas #010: 21302 - The Big Bang Theory

I see Exo Suit part 2. Excellent first month sales and massive overproduction then demand subsided and now they have too many. Interesting to see that the first sale items (grocery store and changoing seasons) are now ship 30 days rather than sold out so it would appear to be a sale to move slow items.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Do you read any posts or post only?

You post this why, to have attitude just for the fun of it, or as a moderator you think you can be rude whenever you like and get away with it?  If you have nothing valuable to say maybe you shouldn't say anything at all.  I don't buy from Lego.com, so couldn't care less about their minimal sale, thanks for nothing.

You post this why, to have attitude just for the fun of it, or as a moderator you think you can be rude whenever you like and get away with it?  If you have nothing valuable to say maybe you shouldn't say anything at all.  I don't buy from Lego.com, so couldn't care less about their minimal sale, thanks for nothing.

He's asking what we're all wondering...

5 minutes ago, waddamon said:

Cool story buddy. It was a serious question whether you buy from S@H has nothing to do with it. Build a bridge and gather up your hurt feelings and get over it k thanks.

15 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Cool story buddy. It was a serious question whether you buy from LEGO Shop at Home has nothing to do with it. Build a bridge and gather up your hurt feelings and get over it k thanks.

It continues, it isn't hurt feelings, it is respect for others, which of course you seem to lack completely.  You have no fundamental respect, as I read your posts all across this forum.  Carry on.  Oh, and yes I read the post.

• Like 1

Let's all take breath and step back.  No need to derail this thread more  

We all "could" be checking the Brickpicker buying pages to determine price before asking ?s here to help expedite things. 

For example...

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=21302-1

Note: we can always ask Jeff to add sets to the stock tracker. 

http://www.brickpicker.com/brickwatcher/lego-stock-checker.cfm

Thanks fellas. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe TLG wants to milk everything from the license they got so they are producing more.

Then when the license expires they send all stock to retailers and snap a Retired tag on it. 

That seemed to be the tactic for Tumbler.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

LEGO has a limit of 2 on these which tells that it could be a "hot cake" after all and they need to restrict sales. I have one anyway for my collection but, unlikely to fill my boots.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9 February 2016 at 11:02 PM, Alfiepops said:

There where some good ideas sets rejected in favour of this. Go figure what is happening in the board room that they thought this set would be a good choice. Nothing  major wrong per say, but never was going to get too many people excited IMO. Really just a bunch of minifigs and a couple of walls. :beerhat:

The Jaws sets and Aliens sets looked amazing and got loads of attention, it was such a shame that they didn't release them. I feel that Cuusoo peaked at BTTF & Ecto-1.

On 3/8/2016 at 0:12 PM, Brian Briggs said:

I see people saying that this set is overproduced and a slow seller. Why is it then that TLG is obviously producing more copies after the intial production run (06 seal codes)?

Because at this point the cost of selling each additional set to the consumer is very small, maybe $20.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Even though the limit was 2 a few months ago it's now 5 and can be backordered. That only tells me that an enormous production run is in progress so don't expect this to disappear any time soon. I personally can't stand TBBT but, I have the one set as I'm collecting all CUSSOO/IDEAS sets regardless.

I loved the exo suit as did everyone leading up to its release on the boards in those days, big hype.  The build was great and the finished model is great.  Too many produced by lego, too many resellers, to me exo suit is the end of the idea theme as an investment winner as they are no longer short runs, I have a stack of ecto 1, but am not hopeful it will do all right because of what it is.  They just make too many, then when they retire there are too many other choices for consumers, that compete with retired sets.  Oh well, at least these sets aren't really expensive, so small losses.