Ideas #010: 21302 - The Big Bang Theory

I think this one could be a long term winner. It won't be remade, has a reasonably big fan base and wasn't in production for too long.

Short production would be key to its success. I think it'll do alright. Better than Adventure time or Birds. I think in the long run, even better than the Maze.

I'm sure I'm alone in thinking like that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, donbee said:

Short production would be key to its success. I think it'll do alright. Better than Adventure time or Birds. I think in the long run, even better than the Maze.

I'm sure I'm alone in thinking like that.

No reason for it to fail in the US. New season coming soon and it was heavily discounted. In Europe, Wall-E is a better bet.

• Like 1

I'm routinely surprised by how many of my friends are fans of Big Bang Theory. I went pretty deep on it, since it was "iconic minifigure" heavy and avail at decent discount.

But if I had that choice now? I probably would have passed, for better or worse. I wasn't prepared for the massive 50-60% off clearances around Dec 16/Jan 17.

Nice to see it's moving up, of course.

• 10 months later...

Well could be bought for around 35 Euros and is 120 Euro on Amazon, so its a winner for me, but I didnt buy much, because I did not have the feeling it would be at this price so fast. Wrong feeling - lesson learned: Series over serveral years with many watchers/fans are good investments if bought at decent discount and do not have a life span like Ecto 1 (which of course i bought a shitload of?)

One thing about this show is that it normalized “geeks”. Comics and collectibles were frequently featured, there was almost a full episode about building a Lego Death Star. Whether the show was funny or not is simply a matter of personal taste, and frankly not all that important. The free advertising for all the overpriced stuff I sling on Amazon was priceless.

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:35 AM, ravenb99 said:
You'd think a show with so many LEGO references and pop culture themes similar to ones discussed here would be more popular on this site.  
Oh well I'm no scientist but Penny can sing soft kitty to me anytime....

Not soft anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All,

The mods were directed to this topic by multiple members today.    Some  posts were removed.

PLEASE REMOTELY STAY ON-TOPIC. 

Please continue to post about the show in-regards to Lego , how much the set could further benefit by it's audience popularity, etc..   

The last thing  we (your friendly neighborhood "usually hands off" mods) want to do is intervene with your conversations.  

Cc:

@Bold-Arrow   @Darth_Raichu

@Alpinemaps   @Quacs

@exciter1    @gregpj

14 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

All,

The mods were directed to this topic by multiple members today.    Many posted were removed.

PLEASE REMOTELY STAY ON-TOPIC. 

Please continue to post about the show in-regards to Lego , how much the set could further benefit by it's audience popularity, etc..   

The last thing  we (your friendly neighborhood "usually hands off" mods) want to do is intervene with your conversations.  

Cc:

@Bold-Arrow   @Darth_Raichu

@Alpinemaps   @Quacs

@exciter1    @gregpj

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I read they are paying people $180,000.00 a year to pick up poop on the streets of San Francisco.  

22 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

you must be new around here,  totally off topic and after a mod warning!  Geesh

Looked like the topic of conversation was about the environment, jobs and science so I thought it was appropriate.  I am sorry if it was out of place.  

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34926/crap-job-san-fran-spending-185000-every-member-its-emily-zanotti

• Like 1