"Out of Stock" Dates for Star Wars sets on Lego.com

fossilrock

Ahh you boys.  Always looking for a fight.  I said it in plain english, but obviously reading comprehension is a little tough for some.  Let me state it again.  Summer of 2016 would mark the two year mark for Sandcrawler.  I am suspecting it will be gone by then.  Which means, you will see a period where it's hard to land, kinda like Red 5 (may 5th 2013) and EV (september 1st 2013) currently, both of which either hit or are nearing their 2 year mark .  Usually, but not always the 2 year mark is a marker.  Is it not, traditionally?

Regardless, carry on.  Just because it laid it's first foot down on the dance floor doesn't mean it is gone tomorrow. For example, EV, Red 5 and ToO all went OOS for the first time in a long time during the march 2xvip event.  Since then they have come back in stock, and gone back out of stock over 2 week intervals it seems.  You can look at this thread as some proof in that.  Once again, i'm tallying this stuff, so you can review this thread and see when something may or may not start to dance.  So… quit being so confrontational and hostile, Marx. I  think I said it plain as day.  And yes, I think Red 5 is pretty much heading towards retirement.  The signs are there.  The signs are also there for EV.  And it doesn't say "we are making more in january" it says "check back for product availability in january".  That product availability could mean "product retired" as far as we know, or yes, it could mean they release the last remaining stock that they might be gathering up and holding at the moment, to blow it out at that point.  That message is too vague, and with the new Hoth Rebel Base set coming out, I think it's time is setting.  

Now, if you want to argue about EOL and retirement, please take it to the EOL and retirement thread.  I'm trying to keep this as a record for when star wars products go in and out of stock at lego.com to keep a record for those that care.  

SO now it's Summer 2016. You just keep pushing it back...

" For example, EV, Red 5 and ToO all went OOS for the first time in a long time during the march 2xvip event"

That is simply not true.

" For example, EV, Red 5 and ToO all went OOS for the first time in a long time during the march 2xvip event"

That is simply not true.

If you guys keep arguing this thread will get locked for a cool down period.

"Discuss" and it won't.

If you guys keep arguing this thread will get locked for a cool down period.

"Discuss" and it won't.

Marx has some sort of issue with me..  Don't really get it, because I post simply the oos dates in this thread.  He just wants to constantly argue over pointless things.  I'm not going to get all huffy over this stuff.  It's not worth a rise in blood pressure.  I'm just trying to use the OOS data as simply a gauge to when things begin to dance.  That's all folks.

That is simply not true.

Yes, it is true. I didn't push anything back.  If you have basic reading comprehension skills, you can review page two in this thread, and see what I said.  I said nothing more than Summer 2016 would be it's two year mark.  Technically that date is May 4th, 2016, since this came out on May 4th, 2014. 

No reason to blow a gasket over that fact.  Please, get your blood pressure checked..you're going to have a heart attack.  All because of these quotes?  Usually before a set hits that two year mark it does tend to go in and out of stock quite a bit.  This thread sort of will provide that factual data over time.  Thanks.

75059 Sand Crawler went Out of Stock will ship by August 22nd.  Can't remember seeing this one going out of stock over the last year…

10240 Available again...

That's crazy !

Red 5 back to Sold Out.  Only lasted about 3 to 5 hours in stock.

Marx has some sort of issue with me..  Don't really get it, because I post simply the oos dates in this thread.  He just wants to constantly argue over pointless things.  I'm not going to get all huffy over this stuff.  It's not worth a rise in blood pressure.  I'm just trying to use the OOS data as simply a gauge to when things begin to dance.  That's all folks.

Actually, this could have been solved by keeping the posts on topic (ie. just status FACTS) and leaving any prediction (ie. whether a set is dancing or not) to the prediction thread.

Basically, only post things that anyone can verify on shop.lego.com.  

I try not to do new sets on this, BUT in this case, it gives us an idea on what is super hot out of the gates.

75105 Millennium Falcon OOS will ship Sep 15

75096 Sith Infiltrator OOS will ship Sep 15

75102 Poe's X-wing OOS will ship Sep 15

75112 General Grievous OOS will ship Sep 15

75111 Darth Vader OOS will ship Sep 15

75107 Jango Fett OOS will ship Sep 15

75097 Advent Calendar OOS will ship Sep 15