Jurassic World - Free Toys R Us LEGO minibuild in-store on Saturday, June 20th 12-2pm

exciter1

Will they let an adult do it as well?  I'm gonna check this out with my kids but I don't know how strict they are on these type of things.  I have never been to one of these before.

I have done quite a few.  I guess my best advice would be to talk to the folks running it.  I am sure you could be sneaky and grab an extra of each piece, but i think it would be better to simply ask nicely and see if you could build one for yourself.  They get pretty crowded and the line can be long, so it will be best to get there early - but I haven't seen them run out (but then again, I usually get there early).

• Like 1

Will they let an adult do it as well?  I'm gonna check this out with my kids but I don't know how strict they are on these type of things.  I have never been to one of these before.

My experience, from going myself and seeing what people post, is that it depends.  It depends on how busy they are.  I always have my kids with me, but they only let my kids do it.  If I only have one kid with me, then we can only do it once; we can't get two models.

But, that's my experience living in SoCal.  We always have huge lines, and they tend to run out of parts before everyone gets to do it (at least, that's what they tell me, but we always get there about 20 minutes before the event starts to make sure we can do the build).

I've seen other people post that their TRU is dead, and that it's never been a problem for an adult to do it.  But those people tend not to live in SoCal.  lol

• Like 1

My experience, from going myself and seeing what people post, is that it depends.  It depends on how busy they are.  I always have my kids with me, but they only let my kids do it.  If I only have one kid with me, then we can only do it once; we can't get two models.

But, that's my experience living in SoCal.  We always have huge lines, and they tend to run out of parts before everyone gets to do it (at least, that's what they tell me, but we always get there about 20 minutes before the event starts to make sure we can do the build).

I've seen other people post that their TRU is dead, and that it's never been a problem for an adult to do it.  But those people tend not to live in SoCal.  lol

or you pay off teenagers or something like that, forgot how it exactly went

• Like 2

or you pay off teenagers or something like that, forgot how it exactly went

Well first you ask the kids in the store if you can buy theirs, then when that doesn't pan out you go find the 14-16 year old kids smoking in the parking lot and give them $5 each to go in for the build.

You can only do that if you've successfully ran & sold a multimillion dollar company though... otherwise it's sketchy ethically speaking.

• Like 4

Well first you ask the kids in the store if you can buy theirs, then when that doesn't pan out you go find the 14-16 year old kids smoking in the parking lot and give them $5 each to go in for the build.

You can only do that if you've successfully ran & sold a multimillion dollar company though... otherwise it's sketchy ethically speaking.

Beware anyone hanging out in a Toy's R Us parking lot.  You might get flipped like a certain breakfast item.

• Like 1

Cool.  I'll just give it a try tomorrow and ask.  Hopefully I can score one and put it on my desk at work.

My TRU didn't have directions (not even a single copy for employees) and I think the kid putting the elements in the bags missed bricks my son and daughter bags. (1 bag has 1 flat 1x2 brown tile).
Anyone take pics of the instructions and parts list? If not can you post a pics of the rear and top of it?