Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

...that movie came out a long time ago and isn't really relevant anymore.

​Not relevant?! <scoff> ... the movie was visionary. Remember, " ... the ship's log is showing that today is the 700th anniversary of our five year cruise. ... So, be sure next mealtime to ask for your "Free Septuacentennial Cupcake In A Cup"! Wow, look at that. ..."

It was a silly joke when the movie aired.  Now Steak-n-Shake, Zaxby's, everyone has a "birthday cake" milkshake!  So ahead of it's time.  :)

wall-e-human.jpg

• Like 2

I don't see amazing sales for this one...that movie came out a long time ago and isn't really relevant anymore.

​I am convinced that you will be wrong about that. That doesn't mean it would be a good investment. It all depends on how many Lego decides to produce, and that's a little hard to predict, especially with Ideas sets.

I am definitely getting a couple.  Too bad... I always want my Lego sets to be bigger.  This one looks like it should be about the size of a coffee mug when it's finished.  I wish it were bigger, but the price is right, and it should fit nicely on anyone's desk.

I am definitely getting a couple.  Too bad... I always want my Lego sets to be bigger.  This one looks like it should be about the size of a coffee mug when it's finished.  I wish it were bigger, but the price is right, and it should fit nicely on anyone's desk.

You could always MOC a tray to put in Wall-E's "hands" to hold your coffee mug.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A review has been shown up. 

http://www.brickinside.com/NeoView.php?Db=ReviewProfessional&Mode=view&Block=1110&Number=8445&BackDepth=1&fmSearchType=&fmKeyWord=&SortCrt=Desc&fmCategory

If you don't speak Korean, you still can get some idea. :phew:

It's bigger than I thought. 

WOW! It's way bigger than I thought also!

According to Brickset more people want this than BBT...

Edited by dcdfan