Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Shewie said:

If someone is planning to visit Dubai I recommend to sacrifice extra 5 min in Dubai Mall Lego Store, they still are hoarding plenty of already retired sets including Wall-E, Jurrasic Park, Maze etc.

Isn't Dubai very expensive for imported goods? I remember paying £5 for a pack of fish fingers which were only £1.50 back home. Of course, you may also have to pay duty and VAT on top. What price were those sets in AED? eBay UK is the place to buy as prices are still not too high.

289AED for Wall-E and respectively 399 for Maze.

Huge chunk of sets were already discounted for some time. Tydiriums, Sandcrawlers, Ewoks ale piled up with significant amount of dust on the boxes.
Well everything based on magic, force etc is Haram in these countries maybe that's why it's not that popular among locals as we would hope to.
That's why Harry Potter Movie distributed in GCC countries was only 50min long.

I'll try to snag Wall-e only If I'll find some extra space in my luggage coming back from holidays which is highly unlikely because of my other half planning to hoard tons of souvenirs for F&F.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Isn't Dubai very expensive for imported goods? I remember paying £5 for a pack of fish fingers which were only £1.50 back home. Of course, you may also have to pay duty and VAT on top. What price were those sets in AED? eBay UK is the place to buy as prices are still not too high.

No VAT in the UAE, but you definitely would not want to declare them on arrival in your destination!

OK prices for Americans but probably not worth it once you convert back into GBP or Euros.

• 3 weeks later...

Lately I've seen quite a few ebay listings that should be reported. Maybe we should have a dedicated thread where people can share when they come across them. We can all help by reporting them. I don't like that we need to turn into ebay police but these deceiving listings are hurting all the honest sellers & buyers of Lego.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2.6.2017 at 9:53 PM, waddamon said:

I think this set will do 200 in time.  I'm not selling any until then.

On 2.6.2017 at 10:25 PM, TheGallows said:

Yeah i think this will easily be £100 by xmas in the UK

Wow! That would be great. I`m very interested how Wall-E will perform until Christmas?!

RRP in Germany was 49.99€. Some really good Galeria deals offered a nearly 50% off buy in! :)

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

29 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Wow! That would be great. I`m very interested how Wall-E will perform until Christmas?!

RRP in Germany was 49.99€. Some really good Galeria deals offered a nearly 50% off buy in! :)

It's not really climbed much recently. The number available on uk eBay is down to 40ish and more than half of them are still priced below £100. It would need really strong demand and savvy resellers to get to 100 this christmas.

• 1 month later...
On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:08 PM, Fenix_2k1 said:

It's not really climbed much recently. The number available on uk eBay is down to 40ish and more than half of them are still priced below £100. It would need really strong demand and savvy resellers to get to 100 this christmas.

As predicted this is going nowhere near 100 this xmas.  It was climbing but the xmas undercut has started. Despite them selling at £75+ all day long someone was selling them for 50 at one point and we're in the low 60's on Ebay now and we're up to 66 listings.

I can imagine this happening with a lot of sets as people try to clear their stocks in a hurry.

Guest TabbyBoy
On 07/11/2017 at 9:24 PM, Cheese said:

Sold half of my inventory for ave £75. Happy to hold the rest until this gaps up to £100. Hope there is a big rush to the bottom for xmas which will clear out a lot of the competition

Good thinking. This is why I never list items in December as the competition is too fierce unless you have something extremely rare. Not to mention post office queues around the block!

• 2 months later...

Factor in the 20% commission and taxes that Amazon professional sellers pay compared to part-time bricklinkers and you have the difference in price. Also remember that FBA have to swallow transport costs whereas Bricklinkers can charge what they like and even offset a low selling price.

Edited by Val-E

3 hours ago, Scatterbug said:

No discerning buyer would ever purchase from a 3rd party Amazon seller.

The good thing for FBAers is that Amazon is chock full of customers who don´t know what discerning means, much less spell it. 1-click buy box trigger happy customers....

• Haha 1