Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

So week 47 is the minimum guarantee for the neck fix, it would seem. I wonder if the original ones will fetch a premium - you could have snoozing Wall-E and fully charged Wall-E together.

I'm curious, why do you think a lesser product would fetch more money?

So week 47 is the minimum guarantee for the neck fix, it would seem. I wonder if the original ones will fetch a premium - you could have snoozing Wall-E and fully charged Wall-E together.

2 hours ago, dcdfan said:

I highly doubt it will fetch any money.  And I hope those people that do have some of the first run versions, they have full disclosure and tell the buyer that Lego has issued a fix and to get it taken care of.

This is one of those sets where less than honest people can scalp some extra money out of people and make the end user have to do more leg work to get the proper Wall-E.

Lego is one of those strange things that oddities and stuff don't add any value.  It's not like sports cards or anything where very rare misprints can fetch a serious penny.

32 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

It's not like sports cards or anything where very rare misprints can fetch a serious penny.

Or misprints from a certain movie - say...  STAR WARS - infamous Topps Star Wars Green Card series 207 featuring c3p-OMG.  I remember when i got this card as a little kid i was like... wuh??? especially when i got the subsequent fixed card in a later batch of cards...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-Star-Wars-C-3PO-207-Error-Card-Green-4th-Series-PSA-7-NM-Bonus-/272061984650?hash=item3f58286f8a%3Ag%3Ap9EAAOSwLzdWT4a7&nma=true&si=sukxPzUJVf%252F0MIcuew7S5KO7EFY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just received this email.

Hi there,

Great news! We’ve been looking into how we can improve our LEGO Ideas 21303 WALL·E set and we have an update for you.

For those fans who feel LEGO WALL·E’s head moves a bit too freely, our designers have created an alternative build for the robot’s neck. In case you’d like to try out this alternative design, we’ve mailed you a small set of extra bricks and instructions free of charge. These should arrive within 10 working days.

If you’ve already built your LEGO WALL·E and you want to try this new design, simply follow the instructions and use the new bricks to rebuild the robot’s neck. Of course, if you’re happy with your robot as he is, you can just add these bricks to your LEGO collection.

Kind regards,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Just received this email.

Hi there,

Great news! We’ve been looking into how we can improve our LEGOemoji768.png Ideas 21303 WALL·E set and we have an update for you.

For those fans who feel LEGO WALL·E’s head moves a bit too freely, our designers have created an alternative build for the robot’s neck. In case you’d like to try out this alternative design, we’ve mailed you a small set of extra bricks and instructions free of charge. These should arrive within 10 working days.

If you’ve already built your LEGO WALL·E and you want to try this new design, simply follow the instructions and use the new bricks to rebuild the robot’s neck. Of course, if you’re happy with your robot as he is, you can just add these bricks to your LEGO collection.

Kind regards,

Thank you for the info. If we did not purchase from LEGO directly (neither B&M or LEGO Shop at Home), do you think it's OK to contact customer service about it? Maybe I will try.

• 1 month later...

So here in Germany Wall-E is available at TRU and Galeria (OOS atm) for sale. I really like the set for investment purposes, but Wall-E license is owned by Disney, so with Wall-E 2 in the future (2017-2018) there is the chance of another identical Wall-E lego set. I know that would seem odd, but you never know, and on "you never know" I really do not like to put my money on.

What do you think?

11 hours ago, Sozial said:

So here in Germany Wall-E is available at TRU and Galeria (OOS atm) for sale. I really like the set for investment purposes, but Wall-E license is owned by Disney, so with Wall-E 2 in the future (2017-2018) there is the chance of another identical Wall-E lego set. I know that would seem odd, but you never know, and on "you never know" I really do not like to put my money on.

What do you think?

"For sale" means it's sold cheaper than RRP, but if I check the TRU.de site for Wall-E, it's sold for the same price as the Lego LEGO Shop at Home RRP. Unless TRU.de runs a discount allowing you to get Wall-E cheaper, I see no reason to buy it from them.

Regarding the future investment value of Wall-E, I think it will appreciate well after EOL, but to what degree will depend heavily on the produced quantity by LEGO, how long it was available, how widely it was available... This Ideas set of Wall-E has a lot going for it. It's a really good model with a high cuteness level. I doubt a better version of it will be made in Lego, though 'never say never' applies. :) 

The question on Quora about the possibility of a Wall-E 2 movie has the following answers:

56a9e66728460_WallEquestion.png.a3bd0beb

So a release of a Wall-E 2 movie before 2020 is highly unlikely, and an investment in 21303 Wall-E feels pretty safe to me! ;) 

1 hour ago, Dr. Brick said:

Decided to get another 2 to bring total to 25 and closed my vault. I will not take them out till Wall E 2

My god man. Wonder what else you have in that HUGE vault. 2020, 4 years, have the kid finish high school and put him through college with Wall E's. Hopefully by 2020 our eduction will get fixed. 50k for a 4 year college is a fair price. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...