Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

I got two 676 piece count with seal codes 50 R5 yesterday at TRU.  There is only one TRU out of three around me that have this guy so I thought it was time. 

I hated that the price was 69.99 before discounts but 20% plus 10% plus a free airjitzu made me decide to go for these since there are no salve 1s anywhere to be found.

13 hours ago, Loghamel said:

Like the RE (75920) came back in February?  I'm not doubting it will, but I think I would have added a caveat instead of speaking in absolutes.  This set has been a PITA for LEGO since the beginning.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it is retired sooner than most other Ideas sets.

RE was a store exclusive. Every other JE set said be back in feb and came back BIG. EV said be back in Jan and it is here. I get what you are saying but RE seems like more the exception than the rule.

I bought a used Wall-E set from someone off of CL and it is brand new and sealed.  Got home an inspected the seals and noticed something I have never seen before.  There are 3 different seal codes...

There are 3 seals total.  The two outer seals look like they are doubled up and have 39R5 and 33R5.  The middle one is alone and has 47R5.  Anyone seen that before? Not sure what to make of that.

Edited by Zender

I bought a used Wall-E set from someone off of CL and it is brand new and sealed.  Got home an inspected the seals and noticed something I have never seen before.  There are 3 different seal codes...

There are 3 seals total.  The two outer seals look like they are doubled up and have 39R5 and 33R5.  The middle one is alone and has 47R5.  Anyone seen that before? Not sure what to make of that.

Yes. Wall-E's a mess...

1 hour ago, Zender said:

1 Original Seal + 1 Spinning head fix seal + 1 drooping head fix = 1 mess.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zender said:

I noted it in my Blog review

9 hours ago, Phil B said:

1 Original Seal + 1 Spinning head fix seal + 1 drooping head fix = 1 mess.

Yeah this set is still a mess. I received my fix kit around 3 weeks after order and I still do not feel the issue is adequately resolved. Combine that with the treads issue that @thoroakenfelder mentions in his review and this set still has some quality control issues. Fun build looks great just don't try and move it. 

Edited by Pseudoty

On 24/03/2016 at 2:06 AM, BuckeyeFanDan said:

I noticed on the LEGO website today (U.S. version) that not only is Wall-E temporarily out of stock, but it says check back in August for product availability.  That seems odd.  I can understand being out of stock due to double VIP, but not available until August makes me wonder if this set will be short-lived.  I know there is plenty of availability elsewhere, but still....

•  

Just as a counter to the above and its significance, the UK has next shipment coming in on 11th April. 

8 hours ago, Bags751 said:

I know this probably belongs in the "what I heard from a Lego employee" thread, but I've heard from a few local employees that Wall-E was discounted somewhere, so Lego pulled him for a little like they did with EV.

Toysrus.de had him for quite a large discount. Might be because of them. 

I know this probably belongs in the "what I heard from a Lego employee" thread, but I've heard from a few local employees that Wall-E was discounted somewhere, so Lego pulled him for a little like they did with EV.

If the employees are from the same location, then that may be just coming from the manager or district manager. Either way, that story sounded weird when it was EV (and I think PS). Now, it's just bizarre for an ideas set. 21103 (Back to the Future) was on deal for a long while...

I doubt if the Lego employees are given any inside information. The ones that I have spoken to have said they get told nothing and if something is getting retired the first they know about it is when the retiring soon tag hits the website. Hence any information from any Lego employees should be taken with a pinch of salt

I have like 15 of these that do not have the neck fix. Not sure how to handle that situation. I hope the neck fix is still available to my eventual customers.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to ask all native English-speakers:

How do you pronounce "Wall-E"? Is it more like the regular name "Wally" with a SHORT "a"? Or is is like the "wall" of a house (with a LONG "a")? In German-speaking countries everybody pronounces it like the "wall" with an "e" at the end, but I was wondering if the name was more likely chosen to sound like "Wally" in the end, and not like a silly wall...

Thanks in advance!