Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

5 hours ago, Frank Brickowski said:

I'd like to ask all native English-speakers:

How do you pronounce "Wall-E"? Is it more like the regular name "Wally" with a SHORT "a"? Or is is like the "wall" of a house (with a LONG "a")? In German-speaking countries everybody pronounces it like the "wall" with an "e" at the end, but I was wondering if the name was more likely chosen to sound like "Wally" in the end, and not like a silly wall...

Thanks in advance!

I say both of those the same?  Both are like a structural wall sound. 

Edited by baschloinka
I no type good
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, znjndmawn said:

Is there a parts list for the official neck fix? I'm getting confused how many official fixes are available.

Here's a picture of the final, official, neck-fix package of parts (I somehow got on the list twice and received two fix packs).

fixpack.JPG

The inventory is up on Bricklink - check it out here

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ivyhedge said:

Pulled in favor of upcoming versions with the fix(es) or for other reasons?

On 3/29/2016 at 5:56 PM, Sharkbait said:

I know this probably belongs in the "what I heard from a Lego employee" thread, but I've heard from a few local employees that Wall-E was discounted somewhere, so Lego pulled him for a little like they did with EV.

I was told by Lego employees friends that this was why it has disappeared, and it is the same reason Pet Shop is gone right now too. Both of them say "Temporarily out of Stock" unlike all other sets that say "Out of stock, expected ship date XXXXX."

It was a Lego store, and not a TRU that had them? 

Edited by Sharkbait

I was at the PaB wall tonight in an MA Lego store when a customer asked why Wall-E was so conspicuously absent. One of the gents working there told him that they won't sell it any more because it had so many problems. Of course, he left open the door to potentially selling it again if there were fixes. In any case, no Wall-Es in the Peabody Lego store. (Two percent off at AMZN now, though. Ha.)

• Like 1

On 5/14/2016 at 1:08 AM, Frank Brickowski said:

Don't you pronounce "Wally" with a clearer "a" (more like "o") and a clearer "l", also? I mean with less "throat sound" in both cases?

Where are you from? I pronounce them both with the same "a" sound. I can't even imagine how they could be pronounced differently. 

3 minutes ago, tjj1984 said:

Where are you from? I pronounce them both with the same "a" sound. I can't even imagine how they could be pronounced differently. 

I thought "Wally" was being pronounced like in "wallet":

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/de/aussprache/englisch/wallet

...while - opposed to this - "wall" was more like:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/wall

The vowels are being pronounced differently in both words according to this site. So, how is "WALL-E" spoken? More like "wall" or more like "wallet"?

3 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

I thought "Wally" was being pronounced like in "wallet":

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/de/aussprache/englisch/wallet

...while - opposed to this - "wall" was more like:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/wall

The vowels are being pronounced differently in both words according to this site. So, how is "WALL-E" spoken? More like "wall" or more like "wallet"?

Ahhh, I can hear it now. Well, here's your answer:

11 minutes ago, tjj1984 said:

Ahhh, I can hear it now. Well, here's your answer:

Oh, thanks for the video! Unfortunately WALL-E himself pronounces his name like "wall" and the other thing repeats it as in "wallet". But in the end they seem to chime in with the "wall" pronunciation. So, thanks! Question has been answered.

Oh, thanks for the video! Unfortunately WALL-E himself pronounces his name like "wall" and the other thing repeats it as in "wallet". But in the end they seem to chime in with the "wall" pronunciation. So, thanks! Question has been answered.

Just to clarify that the difference is a commonly called a short a versus long a sound. Of course there are ever so slight variations but generally words like 'a take name' have short a sounds and 'wall answer' have the long a.

If you have a few of these in stock as an "investment", what can you do about the neck fix of those said items? I have circa 10, all about a month or two old - from Lego store & Tesco. Does Lego ship the latest fix parts if you request them? Will they do it for all sets? The Wall-E boxes I have look to be a new version (with no Lego part/piece count number on them).

2 hours ago, TigerKPT said:

If you have a few of these in stock as an "investment", what can you do about the neck fix of those said items? I have circa 10, all about a month or two old - from Lego store & Tesco. Does Lego ship the latest fix parts if you request them? Will they do it for all sets? The Wall-E boxes I have look to be a new version (with no Lego part/piece count number on them).

What is the date code on the seals?

3 hours ago, TigerKPT said:

Nobody knows precisely how LEGO identifies and bans resellers...  But asking for parts fixes for 10 sets would seem to be well beyond what any non-reseller would have need for.

I don't know the BrickLink or Bricks & Pieces price for the parts to fix, but if I had ten to deal with (that needed the fix) I would seriously consider buying those parts directly..  

In basic search for ideas I get "Sold Out".  Only when clicking item description does it say TOOS. I assume they Changed this at midnight too.. showing "Sold Out" on outer search will fool some people. Especially without the "add to bag" button present!!! 

image.png

Edited by Martae54