Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, cladner said:

if you get someone complaining about the neck its because you are selling to another QFFL and you should raise your prices to avoid dealing with such vermin.

Not necessarily and why would a QFLL want to open it and built it anyway? If I bought one for little Timmy and the neck was busted, I'd want the seller to sort out at the problem as that's who I did the business transaction with. If it sells to a QFLL, they'll be unlikely to open it before re-reselling and then the problem becomes theirs! ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy

I've seen this also for £34.99 at several JL branches (Reading had 5 on the shelf last Friday), it seems like this is a slow seller and could will take a while to disappear. The seal code on my newest one is 44S6.

Plenty in the JL branch when i went to Sunday.  Funny they only had one when it was £29.99.    

And a pallet load in the middle of the Lego Shop just a few metres away from the JL branch.  Also had Ecto 1's & TBBT.  Been a month ago (didnt buy) & they still have plenty. 

I've got so much good will for the film, the character and the set that I almost don't care about the performance of this. As a last resort they will be presents or I have an army of loveable robots on my hands.

But I have faith (and a near 50% buy-in).

Edited by Scatterbug
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I think this will do fine once the retailers have run out. Doctor Who and Ecto1 the same. My average buy-in for these 3 sets was around 45% off so I'll still get my money back with a little "interest".

2 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

hey,

I bought some Wall e sets last week. I have question about that code on the seals.

Perhaps someone can help me? 1f600.pngMy sets show all the code 37S6.

What`s the meaning for that code? Are the sets produced before or after that neck fix issue ?

regards,

You are safe. Neck issue affected s15 sets.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Like i've said at some occasion in the past wall-e is going to perform well. Now look at sold listing on ebay, 100$ CDN on average, maximum seen is 110$CDN in canada, and 120$ CDN in USA without shipping. (shipping not included). It does perform well. With a nice buy-in price like i had, this is a gem for me. Huge seller.

4 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

Like i've said at some occasion in the past wall-e is going to perform well. Now look at sold listing on ebay, 100$ CDN on average, maximum seen is 110$CDN in canada, and 120$ CDN in USA without shipping. (shipping not included). It does perform well. With a nice buy-in price like i had, this is a gem for me. Huge seller.

too soon to cheer.

Breaking the 60E on BL with > 450 in stock

... let's hope you are right and they keep on selling really well

3 minutes ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

Listing's disappeared entirely from UK SAH - they've cleaned out the Ideas range to the bare bones now, with Doctor Who and Ecto-1 still marked retiring soon.

Going to be a very interesting one to follow, this.

No, they haven't... Look at other european SAH...

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm not missing the selling window this time. I've been making £22 profit (after expenses) on every WALL-E for the last week. After a £27 buy-in, that's a cracking return after only 2 months! Please don't PM me for me these as I'm having no problem selling them ;-)

Doctor Who & Ecto1 will also be listed as soon as they are either retired or no longer listed on LEGO Shop at Home.

At least buyers are not too tempted with the crap L***N version... at the moment!

• 1 month later...