Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

At $10 premium, barely any profit probably;  this will run deep on inventory if Big Bang Theory is any indication of inventory.  It's everywhere initially;  doubt quick flip will be on the table;  xmas is whole other scenario depending on inventory on this.

It was not a $10 premium. $60 is retail as far as we know. That's what Amazon was charging.

Doesn't Amazon have a pre-order price guarantee?

I think they guarantee that you get the lowest Amazon price before it ships.  If amazon doesn't lower its price to $49.99 then we're stuck at the $59.99 price.  I would think they'd lower the price after it is released, so after it is shipped.  Anybody else preordered through amazon or have any ideas? 

Edited by humanvege

I believe I had this issue on the rancor pit when it first came out. Even brickset had it listed at msrp wrong. Then once Lego released many corrected

They corrected the price on your pre-order?  so you were charged the actual MSRP price, which was lower than your preorder price?

At $10 premium, barely any profit probably;  this will run deep on inventory if Big Bang Theory is any indication of inventory.  It's everywhere initially;  doubt quick flip will be on the table;  xmas is whole other scenario depending on inventory on this.

$20 profit on a $60 set is not terrible, in my opinion.