Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

I know this has been reported elsewhere but wanted to add this:  I emailed LEGO this morning about the set asking if there was a defect and should I return it or if there was a replacement pack etc. and this was the reply I received:

"Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We have identified a stability issue with the new 21303 Wall-E set. The stability issue is related to the clutch power of two parts on his neck. I have sent out 4 replacements for the parts which are causing the issue, 2 on page 29 and 2 on page 34. Please allow 7-10 business days for delivery. I'm so sorry for any disappointment this may have caused."

I was looking at my local toy store website for series 14 mini figures. And by suprise came across wall e. 

http://www.playvaluetoys.com/products/LEGO-21303.html

Bleh, Playvalues $99 shipping limit AND limits on IDEAS sets is a real pain. I remember when there were no limits/high limits like 3-9. Then the whole Mars Rover fiasco happened when the US tried to buy them in droves haha.

Disappointed the set is 59.99 when the earlier LEGO ideas blog announcement said 49.99.  Same thing happened with the F40 which said the price was 89.99 but was actually 99.99 instead.  I have only been out of my dark ages for about 2 years so dunno how often this happens....  Will be interested to see if they can fix both neck issues.

I'm not seeing the set under that theme... What am I missing?

image.jpg

Disappointed the set is 59.99 when the earlier LEGO ideas blog announcement said 49.99.  Same thing happened with the F40 which said the price was 89.99 but was actually 99.99 instead.  I have only been out of my dark ages for about 2 years so dunno how often this happens....  Will be interested to see if they can fix both neck issues.

Apparently LEGO is issuing a "repair" kit for those that were able to get them already.

Everybody was thrilled when Ferris Wheel was 199.99 instead of 249.99 like it was going to be originally.  So They gotta make that 50 up somewhere, 10 on Ferrari, 10 on Wall-E.

now if anyone remembers the source of that price sheet you can probably find yourself a good deal on Wall-E....

• Like 1

Everybody was thrilled when Ferris Wheel was 199.99 instead of 249.99 like it was going to be originally.  So They gotta make that 50 up somewhere, 10 on Ferrari, 10 on Wall-E.

now if anyone remembers the source of that price sheet you can probably find yourself a good deal on Wall-E....

That is a really good point about the Ferris Wheel, hadn't considered that.  Here is the original blog post is had read that mentioned the pricing https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/38

thanks for the screenshot. guess we'll just keep waiting! :(

There are seven sets at the New Hartford, NY store. Since I already have one for myself I didn't buy any more, so hopefully those that really want the set can get one. Half were 32R5 like the one I ordered from TRU on eBay and the rest were 28R5.

Despite the head and neck issues I still love my Wall-E!

20892158518_bc03fb2587_c.jpg

20756817760_7311044f57_c.jpg

Edited by therealjustin

I was able to flip one of these for $97 shipped a few days ago. Bought 2 more (one for me, and one more to flip) ... thought I sold my 2nd for $97, but the South Korean buyer didn't pay. Ebay was quick to open the case, but my flip was ruined. Ready to relist it, but there are now 15 or 20 for sale cheaper on eBay (and more coming). Heck there's one at $62.99 free shipping - that's cheaper than retail for me! Ah well... guess I'll hold mine... hopefully they'll become scarce again before Xmas.