Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

Pretty good TRU magic tol knock $15 off  x 60+ units.  

Interesting how low LEGO Shop at Home europe stocks started off compared to Big Bang Theory. (10,000 vs 3300)  Both got restocked Day 3.  BBT got another shipment 1 week later.  Wonder if they will do the same deep run with Walle as with BBT.  Or second run like Research Institute/ExoSuit.  The whole quality question really doesn't appear to be with the pin support as more with the neck lower down for the Mexico made runs. 

So far two runs noted on US side:  28R5 and 32R5 from TRU and Amazon releases.   Has there been more than 3 runs of an idea project?

Here are the seal codes I got:

Amazon: 24R5

LegoLand: 28R5

I built the 24R5. The neck joint has no friction at all. In some angles, the whole head is coming out. That pin cannot secure the head.

I have not opened 28R5 yet. I bought 4 sets each as a gift to someone.

I don't know what I should do now. If I call Lego and ask for 8 sets of replacement parts, they may think I am a reseller.

Anyone could confirm which seal code is the good one? 

Here is what is wrong and the parts you need: http://brickset.com/article/16465/what-s-wrong-with-21303-wall•e

Lego is sending me two sets of replacement parts, so you are probably safe getting at least two. And this fixed the neck and now it works great:  http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-wall-e-21303-head-modification-by-chris-mcveigh/

Now to add power functions!

(The Baymax is my own creation and if you like it go to Lego Ideas and support it)

DSC_1202.JPG

Edited by JosephMali
  • Like 3

Here are the seal codes I got:

Amazon: 24R5

LegoLand: 28R5

I built the 24R5. The neck joint has no friction at all. In some angles, the whole head is coming out. That pin cannot secure the head.

I have not opened 28R5 yet. I bought 4 sets each as a gift to someone.

I don't know what I should do now. If I call Lego and ask for 8 sets of replacement parts, they may think I am a reseller.

Anyone could confirm which seal code is the good one? 

There is no rhyme or reason to people getting banned but I would advise against asking from 8 replacement parts sets. No need to put yourself on their radar over a small issue.

I called too and they weren't aware of a wide spread problem, said they had only had a few calls about it. They're sending me out extra parts anyway.

The lady I talked to didn't ask any questions, so I assumed she knew all about the parts and there was a kit already put together for it.  I didn't have to provide a parts list or anything.

Mexico mold had neck hinge issues xxRx label == these were North America destination  

Check mold did not have hinge issue xxSx label == Europe

All have the head spinning on the Technic pin issue (no tension) = multiple fix -- easiest being plastic wrap around the pin.

Now all i have to do is wait and see what tags shows up....arghh....always a long wait at this part of the world.